25 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:50

I agree. I hope they start hiring people. 

Once the app is 100% finished should be back in buisness with the HCS task force ready to improve FS...Hopefully

#22 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:45

You can call it unfinished business, I call it a desert. Consider level 101-220ish? That is also a relatively sparse range for commons. You can find a ton of commons in that range but the vast majority are sold in the stores and the few that are dropped are one or two of eight items dropped by mobs. If anything, this range should get more commons before the 1600-1800 range. The reason I researched this range is from the excitement by some of my old low level farmers when they realized they could finally farm 2 frag items. Not so fast. They'd have to get into low 200's to start reaping that benefit.

More/beneficial content that lower level players can access, or faster leveling through that range of content.

Cows said they were going to accelerate content through 300 at one point....like 2 years ago and almost a thousand levels total content ago. 

I recommend removing the xp-gain nerf and/or increasing XP gained via creatures below 300 by 200%, 301-390 by 100%, and 422-900 by 50%. End game is astronomically further than it was years ago. Content acceleration was something I remember the team committing to when Mojack came over from the Eldevin team IIRC, and the level 300 benchmark I remember being a number linked to that... and almost a thousand levels of content have been added since then... One of the biggest draws to the game is the amount of content, one of the biggest turnoffs is the game uses a stamina based system to get through all of that content.

Taking 2+ years to reach about 1/3 into the game isn't going to get the game the players and revenue it needs to thrive again.

First off, I commend Pardoux for going about this the RIGHT WAY. The cows are busy / overwhelmed at times with the tasks at hand. Many projects get put on the back burner for months and sometimes years.

I would like to add some to the list,  :D

To do list: 

1) Remove inactive accounts level 20 or under that are 2 years or more inactive. They are not coming back to the game and they are bogging down the servers. Think how much cleaner / efficient the game would run if we remove accounts that were never coming back to the game / items they are holding / etc.  All of that uses data which could be spent better on active players trying to play the game.

2) Updating USFG to include all invention information. Often times links are missing from resources to invented items, and vice versa.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. Maybe even make some of those items appear under AH specials as they clear them and the gold bid is completely sunk.

I agree. I hope they start hiring people. 

Or they can hire me as a consultant. Will work for praise by Hoof. Hoof-senpai won't notice me. :(

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:03

Or they can hire me as a consultant. Will work for praise by Hoof. Hoof-senpai won't notice me. :(

Count your blessings hoof's been afk working on the app for months and months...That's why the games going down hill lmao. Haven't seen him look at the forums in SOOOOOOO LONG...let alone really log into the game and check things out.

#24 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2016 - 20:22

I would have the entire staff work like crazy for 2-3 weeks to make MEANINGFUL updates to 1 of their games, then move on to the next game. make sure each game gets a little love to 1) inspire the player base; 2) keep up with updates; 3) address major issues in the game. 

Its not working for you guys to assign X person to X game for months and months. You need a surge of talent on A SPECIFIC game to get stuff done quickly and efficiently sometimes. 

#25 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2016 - 16:11

Now that Xmas, New Year and Hogmany are out of the way, is it possible for some / all of these "outstanding business" items to be addressed please ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2016 - 16:17

We aim to get some code updates out every two to three weeks or so.

Still no time frame regarding the Epic Quest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: