18 replies to this topic

#1 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 23 March 2016 - 14:57

I have watched GvG attacks more closely during this year, and here is 3 things that I find urgently needs HCS to react:

1) Multiple players attacking against one guild member. I have seen 3 players against one guild member. That can be hardly called GvG, it sound more massacre.

2) Breaker on GvG: I think Breaker enchantment should not work on GvG, guild member who gets attacked soon have gear so low on durability that there is no use to buff him as there is not even theoretical chance to win. 

3) Composed potions on GvG: I can understand invented potions in GvG, but composed potions give no fighting chance for defending guild. Attacker has high armor, high hp, high damage and enough attack, then add SH, KE, CoAt, Ageless, AD, and defenders don't stand chance. (Not to mention other buffs available from composing)

1 & 2 make effect where guildie logs in after few days offline and repairs gear with 700k. 

So HCS, could defending guild please have some chance to defend themselves? 

I could have suggested removing potion effects from GvG altogether, but that might be too drastic, so I settle on removing composed potions.

#2 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 15:19

i haven't gvged in years so i consider myself neutral. how is it not fair? your guild can attack other guilds the same way they attack you. i don't see any problems. :(

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 15:26

Risks of being and or owning a guild :). We are gvged constantly and alot of our guys are in epics but we still fight back at opportune moments and tie/lose/win depending. We actually tied two yesterday :) and the guy in one was using composing. There was a thread on GvG can read it for all the pro's and con's. Mostly pro's to being GvGed seeing you are rewarded just for completing the hits win/tie or lose *initatiers don't get rp for tie*. RP is 1:1fsp so even losing is profitable. Way outweighs the stamina/gold repairs.

To do with repairs just use mastersmith potions i have 100 in my pack right now that i bought for 50k out of the bazzar... This will probably save me 500k in repairs or more.

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 March 2016 - 15:29.

#4 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 22:31

I've commented on this before. I'm done with it.

#5 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 22:57

Edit: never mind i shouldn't bother

Edited by TxLxS, 23 March 2016 - 22:58.

#6 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 13:04

Justice?! You want Justice?!!!

Here is the answer to your justice:

112072-I-hate-a-good-many-things-but-s9p

#7 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2016 - 13:22

Active Conflicts0

Did it not used to say  " -1 " when a GvG was started against you ?? 

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#8 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 14:53

GvG is good even if your guild is bad at it.

You get stuff even when you lose (so long as you do the required attacks). It's way too kid friendly as is. Can't attack people who haven't been on in 7 days? I don't see why you shouldn't be able to. If the player is on the roster, they should be a valid target.

P.S. I don't really GvG, but I think it's dumb that there is protection for that.

Edited by SirAdmiral, 25 March 2016 - 14:56.

#9 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 14:57

GvG is good even if your guild is bad at it.

You get stuff even when you lose (so long as you do the required attacks). It's way too kid friendly as is. Can't attack people who haven't been on in 7 days? I don't see why you shouldn't be able to. If the player is on the roster, they should be a valid target.

P.S. I don't really GvG, but I think it's dumb that there is protection for that.

How will their gear be repaired?

Cheers.

wil72

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 15:02

If it says -1 they glitched it and they can do 21 gvgs

#11 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 06 April 2016 - 17:53

Some more comments on this topic: I think breaker should work only for defender in GvG, as attacker can repair gear more easily. Gear stats deteriorate really fast when they loose durability, making defending even harder. If durability loss for defender is normal then there are better chance for guild to defend themselves. Here is example (I don't remember actual figures): My guild was GvG'd, 100 attacks. One player received 50 or 75 attacks (he had UB175 casted by me running), when returning online he spend some 2 to 300k gold on gear repairs (yes, I know mastersmith potion, but that is not the point. Keep reading). Luckily for my guild, attackers failed on one attack, giving me chance to retaliate. I did 50 attacks on both of my targets. I used UB175 and spend like 5 to 10k on gear repairs. So, I am asking what other players think: should Breaker work only on GvG defense (I have no experience on PvP, so I cannot ask on that)?

#12 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 20:35

Yo Donalde, theres a buff out there called master smith. I also enjoy destroying the crystalline gear of players from time to time. Its what makes the economy flow and gear repairs are mandatory at some point. Its bad enough were lacking a true gold sink where 80% of yer gold goes to. And some pitiful repairs of 300k shouldnt be really a problem to begin with at lvl 150 its around 15-30k and that is very little.

If you dont want your Guild to be hit, have a slim active group, have players cover each other, for christ sake take shifts if needed. But gear repair SHOULD stay. Its bad enough when your fighting a buffed up offline oponent juiced up on crystalline gear and so many overpowered buffs you have to just quit and wait for them to wear off. Not only that but deflect REAAAAALLLYY stretches the GvG out from sometimes 20 mins to up to 2 hours if unlucky. GvGing can be fun, but it can be just as frustrating and a sort of reward is when you know that person you continually hit suffers too a bit. I only slap undermine on me when my targets get buffed up to a degree where it annyos me and I have to slap on PvP chests to counter them. I have 10 chests but I still would prefer not to use it and so I answer with what little I can answer. Since I got no big guilds or buffers behind my back. Everything has pros and cons and we all gotta pull our own weight if we choose so.

Valar Morghulis.

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:37

Players from the same guild AND who have the same ISP address should not be allowed to GvG together! BIG PROBLEM!!!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#14 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 07 April 2016 - 13:27

One player received 50 or 75 attacks (he had UB175 casted by me running), when returning online he spend some 2 to 300k gold on gear repairs (yes, I know mastersmith potion, but that is not the point. Keep reading). Luckily for my guild, attackers failed on one attack, giving me chance to retaliate. I did 50 attacks on both of my targets. I used UB175 and spend like 5 to 10k on gear repairs. So, I am asking what other players think: should Breaker work only on GvG defense (I have no experience on PvP, so I cannot ask on that)?

Yo Donalde, theres a buff out there called master smith. I also enjoy destroying the crystalline gear of players from time to time. Its what makes the economy flow and gear repairs are mandatory at some point. Its bad enough were lacking a true gold sink where 80% of yer gold goes to. And some pitiful repairs of 300k shouldnt be really a problem to begin with at lvl 150 its around 15-30k and that is very little.

If you dont want your Guild to be hit, have a slim active group, have players cover each other, for christ sake take shifts if needed. But gear repair SHOULD stay. Its bad enough when your fighting a buffed up offline oponent juiced up on crystalline gear and so many overpowered buffs you have to just quit and wait for them to wear off. Not only that but deflect REAAAAALLLYY stretches the GvG out from sometimes 20 mins to up to 2 hours if unlucky. GvGing can be fun, but it can be just as frustrating and a sort of reward is when you know that person you continually hit suffers too a bit. I only slap undermine on me when my targets get buffed up to a degree where it annyos me and I have to slap on PvP chests to counter them. I have 10 chests but I still would prefer not to use it and so I answer with what little I can answer. Since I got no big guilds or buffers behind my back. Everything has pros and cons and we all gotta pull our own weight if we choose so.

Valar Morghulis.

Are you missing the point in purpose? I did mention mastersmith, but you ignored it? Then you go rambling on how you like to destroy crystalline, and then go to impossibilities: not in theory, but in practice. Players don't want to spend their entire stamina on defending in GvG.

I didn't ask gear repair to go away, but now it just leaves defender (and defenders guild) no chance to defend as gear gets hacked in pieces and stats drop due durability loss. At the moment all the aces are on hands of attacker, as they can use composed potions to have 2 to 4 times better buffs on attack than defender can hope to have. And next thing you drag in deflect which already has remedy, anti-deflect. (and a lot of deflect discussion by GvG'rs / PvP'rs in forums, so we can drop that in order not to get side tracked about what I am asking)

You say person suffers a bit, but you are wrong in there. Person suffers a lot, as attacker takes practically no durability loss compared to defender, defender takes over 10 times more durability loss. And if I read correctly, you are annoyed as you don't have "win" -button in GvG, while I am simply asking realistic chance for defending guild to have fighting chance, not in buff vice, but in gear durability loss vice. As you know, attacker can keep repairing gear, while offline defender cannot repair gear. So, IMO either breaker has to work other way around (eg defender breaks attacker gear), or give guildies (or guild) to chance to pay durability loss of player targeted in GvG. 

And your comment about gold sink: there is plenty of gold sinks already: composing, arena, caves, high level quests, sacrifice buff... all these have one common: they are decided by the player, not by GvG'r who wrecks gear and says it is good gold sink. And if breaker would work other way around, it would be similar gold sink, right?

#15 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 17:21

What about being to use composed pots on guild mates only? If that's what most of the argument is let people activate composed pots on guildies

#16 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 23:04

Realistically, the only adjustment to the gvg system that I could see supporting is the lowered allowance of damage to gear on side of the defending guild or a ceiling to the amount of damage taken in that aspect. Beyond that, this is one of the more corrupted and abused areas of the game still.

As well, maybe an increased level range could be looked into as well.

#17 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:44

Lol It is so easy to defend and win gvgs it just involves teamwork..sadly the Op Admits they do not want to use stam buffing guildies.

Also the op knows about mastersmith yet still carries on  about repair costs So let me get this right you want to lower repair costs but you do not want to use Mastersmith?

A member of my guild was attacked and defended v composed pots over night the attacker lost 2 of 14 attacks and we returned 75 hits with no loses, Our defender had buffs from a level 800 and 1840 player and a properly designed setup on to help them defend.

All it takes is Teamwork.

#18 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:53

Some more comments on this topic: I think breaker should work only for defender in GvG, as attacker can repair gear more easily. 

This is balanced as the same advantage is had by the defending Guild when they retaliate. Again, I see no reason to change this.

Gear stats deteriorate really fast when they loose durability, making defending even harder. 

Exactly!!! Great strategy. Key for both GvG and PvP.

EDIT: messed up on quotes the first time. Fixed (o0

Edited by Egami, 09 April 2016 - 12:03.

#19 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:34

there is a buff called erosion that helps only defenders ;) so I wouldn't think breaker is a bother I know erosion has kicked my ass before especially if your not paying attention to your gear stats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: