#1 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 November 2016 - 18:03

My suggestion would be to increase the last amount of SE killed from 10 to 30 to show a better idea of time frame of when the last SEs were killed. A similar update would be nice for titan kill log as well .. from the last 5 to maybe the last 15 titan clears.

Practical update that would be nice.

#2 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 21:56

I can see why players may want to know what SEs are or will become available. Simply for farming, medal, or DQ. I myself have thought for years the list for the SEs should be bigger.

I don't see any reason why the Titan list need to be lengthened. If you want to kill a Titan. Use the Scout Tower in your guild. Or the Archive button on the Home Page. You can see what is out

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2016 - 22:03

Personally, I don't see any need for either list to be extended ...

The SE list covers the last 10 and, when I was gaining my Diamond medal, that was more than ample. If the lowest one on the list had been killed recently, I didn't bother going, but if the top one had been a few hours, I did :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 November 2016 - 23:34

Personally, I don't see any need for either list to be extended ...

The SE list covers the last 10 and, when I was gaining my Diamond medal, that was more than ample. If the lowest one on the list had been killed recently, I didn't bother going, but if the top one had been a few hours, I did :)

I always thought this, and when you were hunting your way to diamond, there wasn't much competition for SE's.... but noiw they've been added for a DQ. Now, there may be 10 killed in the last 10 minutes by 10 different players, most of whom are just doing it for their DQ. So, especially since many of these may be Vexus, who kinda spawns bam bam bam, or Xindy, who is more frequent although sporadic, it would be nice to know am I wasting my time or stam going to sweep for these, since they might have been killed 15 or 20 minutes ago, but fell off the list.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2016 - 23:37

I always thought this, and when you were hunting your way to diamond, there wasn't much competition for SE's.... but noiw they've been added for a DQ. Now, there may be 10 killed in the last 10 minutes by 10 different players, most of whom are just doing it for their DQ. So, especially since many of these may be Vexus, who kinda spawns bam bam bam, or Xindy, who is more frequent although sporadic, it would be nice to know am I wasting my time or stam going to sweep for these, since they might have been killed 15 or 20 minutes ago, but fell off the list.

I take your point that more are being killed now because of DQ's Penny, but I'd be surprised if the numbers had increased dramatically. There's not exactly a thriving player base here - and not everyone gets an SE kill DQ - so I'd say it was a negligible effect.

That said, I can go after any SE in the game if I need to, whilst others are (far) more restricted.

I still don't think it's an issue tho, tbh

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:34

just because you got to X medal without a bigger listing doesn't prove anything. A longer SE listing would help everyone plan whether they want to go after certain maps or not. I don't see how it wold hurt anyone's gameplay and some people use external programs to save the data so they already have this. So it would balance things out.

#7 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:06

I still don't think it's an issue tho, tbh

But neither have you expressed any harm in the idea---and other people are seeing positive benefit.

Why argue so hard in favour of a void (neither benefit nor harm) when others are saying it would be positive benefit for them?

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:14

But neither have you expressed any harm in the idea---and other people are seeing positive benefit.

Why argue so hard in favour of a void (neither benefit nor harm) when others are saying it would be positive benefit for them?

I'm not arguing against it - I just don't think it's actually an issue that requires cow-time - heaven knows, we get little enough Dev time as it is, without "trivial" stuff taking it up ..

#9 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:53

I'm not arguing against it - I just don't think it's actually an issue that requires cow-time - heaven knows, we get little enough Dev time as it is, without "trivial" stuff taking it up ..

True, but how much Dev time does it take to change a 10 to a 30 (which should be all the coding this would take)?

#10 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:15

My suggestion would be to increase the last amount of SE killed from 10 to 30 to show a better idea of time frame of when the last SEs were killed. A similar update would be nice for titan kill log as well .. from the last 5 to maybe the last 15 titan clears.

Practical update that would be nice.

This would not make any sort of improvement to the game, that is only a list showing who got the last kills ... the way it is now is already nice 'cause when a random player find an SE sometimes they see who got the very last kills SE hunting and try to sell the location to that guy which is already going after many SEs.... a long list would just store extra info from older kills that would not help an player selling SE locations because the player may already finished SE hunting and gone offline.

As it looks it would be an time-consuming work to change it with no real benefit to the game.

#11 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 13:09

a long list would just store extra info from older kills that would not help an player selling SE locations because the player may already finished SE hunting and gone offline.

As it looks it would be an time-consuming work to change it with no real benefit to the game.

I have to disagree. The Kills are time stamped. If somebody is trying to sell an SE loc. They probably won't try to contact somebody who hasn't killed an SE in over an hour. Let alone longer. Seeing how the top of the list is when the last kill took place, and goes down from there. No one trying to sell an SE loc, is going to start from the bottom.

The points made for a longer List have all been positive there is no negative. The question is will it be such a positive.

#12 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 15:10

I have to disagree. The Kills are time stamped. If somebody is trying to sell an SE loc. They probably won't try to contact somebody who hasn't killed an SE in over an hour. Let alone longer. Seeing how the top of the list is when the last kill took place, and goes down from there. No one trying to sell an SE loc, is going to start from the bottom.

The points made for a longer List have all been positive there is no negative. The question is will it be such a positive.

This would not make any sort of improvement to the game, that is only a list showing who got the last kills ... the way it is now is already nice 'cause when a random player find an SE sometimes they see who got the very last kills SE hunting and try to sell the location to that guy which is already going after many SEs.... a long list would just store extra info from older kills that would not help an player selling SE locations because the player may already finished SE hunting and gone offline.

You said: I have to disagree. The Kills are time stamped. If somebody is trying to sell an SE loc. They probably won't try to contact somebody who hasn't killed an SE in over an hour

Have you understood what I wrote here? the way it is now is already nice 'cause when a random player find an SE sometimes they see who got the very last kills SE hunting and try to sell the location to that guy [Not the oldest kill]

Have you read?: "As it looks it would be an time-consuming work to change it with no real benefit to the game."

another comment on this phrase >  You said: They probably won't try to contact somebody who hasn't killed an SE in over an hour. Let alone longer

So you already answering here what you come up in the end, the result in increasing the SE list it is close to useless.

Edited by Kbyte, 28 November 2016 - 15:32.

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2016 - 17:55

Kbyte I don't think you're understanding the motivations behind wanting this.

It's not so people looking for a SE hunter can find one. It's for SE hunters, so they can quickly see which SE's have been killed and when, making it easier to decide which maps to go and scour.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 20:21

I see your point Doom but still SE hunting don't happen so often [even after daily quests requiring some SE kills] that would really need the list to be expanded.

on this link  http://www.fallenswo...cmd=superelites-> you can see that many SE was already killed on the game the way SE list is now.

An good SE hunter try to kill most SEs they can while with buffs still active so the most difficult decision would only be where to start .... it goes to the player mood if he want to get higher level ones first, or try first the ones with better drops or start on the lower level ones and so on. It is an choice the SE hunter choose when doing it, that player may only take an fast look on the ones that was killed few minutes before on that list to don't don't start there, but after minutes/hours killing some other SE's that player maybe would go to that map to get that SE  killed before believing enough time had gone so that creature respawned again... it most times don't spoil the strategy the player choosed to where to start SE hunting, it only gives an picture to the player if by chance (no always happen) the one that player wanted to start is not available in the maps at that time he/she decided to start SE hunt.

Or the player simply bought one location sb is selling and will just on that one to kill SE.

It would be better hcs adding instead an epic quest for 10 years of fallensword, or develop an new titan for xmas or sth else as good than working on increasing that SE list.

Edited by Kbyte, 28 November 2016 - 20:43.

#15 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 21:44

I see your point Doom but still SE hunting don't happen so often [even after daily quests requiring some SE kills] that would really need the list to be expanded.

on this link http://www.fallenswo...cmd=superelites-> you can see that many SE was already killed on the game the way SE list is now.

An good SE hunter try to kill most SEs they can while with buffs still active so the most difficult decision would only be where to start .... it goes to the player mood if he want to get higher level ones first, or try first the ones with better drops or start on the lower level ones and so on. It is an choice the SE hunter choose when doing it, that player may only take an fast look on the ones that was killed few minutes before on that list to don't don't start there, but after minutes/hours killing some other SE's that player maybe would go to that map to get that SE killed before believing enough time had gone so that creature respawned again... it most times don't spoil the strategy the player choosed to where to start SE hunting, it only gives an picture to the player if by chance (no always happen) the one that player wanted to start is not available in the maps at that time he/she decided to start SE hunt.

Or the player simply bought one location sb is selling and will just on that one to kill SE.

It would be better hcs adding instead an epic quest for 10 years of fallensword, or develop an new titan for xmas or sth else as good than working on increasing that SE list.

There are 65 SEs in the realms up to Lv421. Like you said it is up to the SE Hunter to decide where to start. Only having an extended list could he actually determine the best place to start. I don't think anybody would want HCS to Stop working on possibly a new Christmas Titan or any of the Epic Quest. Like the Present Darkness that hasn't been finished. Just to do this simple thing. On top of that, you seem very adamant about your standings as to not increasing an SE list. As if you were throwing a 12 year old temper tantrum.

#16 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 23:05

So let me use myself as a counter example, KB.

I do hunt SEs for DQs. When I do this I look for a cluster of SEs in the same region so I don't have to waste a lot of stam moving between realms.

I have had occassions where the DQ log was not long enough to cover the respawn time of the SEs I hunt. They had gone off the end of the list, but they had not had long enough to respawn (the bottom of the list was only about 2 hours old). I ended up walking every square on a couple of realms to find nothing. This has happened more than once.

So I, for one, have case law to show that I would find a longer list useful. I doubt that I am unique in this respect.

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:44

We have no problem with this. We'll try to get it into the next code update.

#18 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 13:10

So let me use myself as a counter example, KB.

I do hunt SEs for DQs. When I do this I look for a cluster of SEs in the same region so I don't have to waste a lot of stam moving between realms.

I have had occassions where the DQ log was not long enough to cover the respawn time of the SEs I hunt. They had gone off the end of the list, but they had not had long enough to respawn (the bottom of the list was only about 2 hours old). I ended up walking every square on a couple of realms to find nothing. This has happened more than once.

So I, for one, have case law to show that I would find a longer list useful. I doubt that I am unique in this respect.

I understand that it mainly happen if you want to farm just an especifc SE (maybe due drop) that spawn in some maps while other players are SE hunting as well so it will no longer show the last time that SE you wanted was killed ... but yet that indirectly motivates players to try to kill other SE's that are still alive if it is only to work on DQ [so not focusing only on the same SEs always] ... for farming an SE drop expanding the SE list would help the most if focusing on some SEs based on your experience you shared here.

IMO it is more fun to try to kill as most SEs you can while buffs are still active, many different SEs being alive at the same time is an plus killing them (if you have strong buffs on) instead of focusing on few [more common when farming SE drops]... but anyway it is an player choice the way he/she want to SE hunt and it is also good that these DQ had made SE hunting more popular.

Edit: I got the bronze SE medal in just an single SE hunt, 50 SE killed while an high LF (from Loyalty section) was active.

Edited by Kbyte, 29 November 2016 - 13:57.

#19 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 16:52

We have no problem with this. We'll try to get it into the next code update.

Thank you for a simple sentence that can make players happy.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 16:55

It's a simple request.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: