20 replies to this topic

#1 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:22

[Edit: read no further! all has been resolved; what I describe below is not a bug, and the walking quests are working consistently]

This may be old news to many, but I haven't seen this resolution on the forum, so thought I'd post it to be safe (and apologies if I'm just duplicating things).

I know many people have asked about lightfoot stopping the ticker for the walking quests. On the other hand, I (along with others I believe) have reported that lightfoot has no affect on the walking quests.

Having had a couple of large walking quests lately (and doing them when there hasn't been lots of lag generating "can't move more than one square" messages), I've realised that it depends on how you do the walking.

If you do the walking with keyboard strokes, then every tile visited counts one towards the quest, regardless of whether ligthfoot fires or not. On the other hand, if you click on the map and let the map do the walking for you, then tiles traversed count to the walking quest ONLY if they also use up stam (i.e. ONLY if lightfoot does NOT fire).

Presumably this inconsistency is not intended.

[PS I did check, and this is not FSH related: it persists even when FSH is switched off.]

Edited by rowbeth, 07 January 2017 - 08:31.

#2 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 20:17

Sorry Rowbeth, I have to disagree with you on this one.

I have done several of the walking quests, all with LF 700/710 running.  Where I am I have a run of 8 tiles (each way) and have been using click to move to the end of the run then click to go back.  Even after refreshing for the cannot move more than one square, and getting sent backwards, each time I return to the start square it has been 16 steps walked.

#3 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 20:50

Lahona, all I can do is report what I've had a couple of times in the last week - both done while titan hunting.

When I did a map click to go a long way (with LF700+), I would traverse maybe 20 squares, use about 14 stam, and get credited for 10 clicks towards the DQ. If I did the same thing using wax keys then I'd move 20 squares, use 14 stam and get credited for 20 clicks towards the DQ.

The difference between the 10 and 14 is diagonals, where you visit one square but use two stam. I am pretty sure the difference between 10 clicks and 20 squares was not diagonals. I did avoid qezc keys for movement for the comparison, and belive I checked this for the map-click moves, but maybe I need to check that again on my next walking quest.

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 22:57

Knowing row, I suspect they are right and have wondered for ages but have been too lazy to check.

@Lahona, though you got credited for the 16 squares, the thing behind this is whether your LF activated. 

Idea being... did you use 15 stam (for example) and get credited the 16?

I've been wondering for ages if the FS error on "move one square" is draining my stam. Hopefully not. 

Again, too lazy to do the check. Hopefully, HCS is doing their job and making sure this isn't an issue.

#5 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 00:19

classic map ftw

#6 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:01

Lol Lf works perfectly on daily quests... just make sure you walk straight lines in using the Auto walker.

#7 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 21:39

Knowing row, ...

I'm certainly not immune to silly mistakes :)

#8 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 22:11

I think there may be buggy elements to the DQ. My simple DQ yesterday was to kill 100 beasts. I would kill 100, click collect, and I get the error saying I have not completed the required kills and my counter changed from 100/100 to 39/100. After 4 cycles of this, I composed a detailed post and documented the next 6 cycles of the same issue. When I click post I got that captcha "I'm not a robot" thing and my post disappeared into the abyss. But there is definitely something screwy. Next time I will do screen shots locally. :(

#9 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:21

Lol Lf works perfectly on daily quests... just make sure you walk straight lines in using the Auto walker.

Seems to be correct. 1500 step DQ so I tracked the stam usage with LF175. Walking with any turns at all, even at right angles, cost more stam than steps gained. Walking only in a straight line used less stam than steps gained. Rubber banded once and had to take more steps even after counter showed 1500 steps completed.

Screenshot everything!

#10 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 16:47

Most of these comments are known features of the walking quests (which is about tiles visited, not distance moved), and were not what I was referring to.

But I need to wait for my next walking DQ to check whether I had spotted a problem, or was just being silly.

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2017 - 22:01

It may just be a display issue with the counter as it's sort of predicting how many you've walked based on the actions. If you refresh the page it will give you the accurate number.

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 January 2017 - 22:12

It may just be a display issue with the counter as it's sort of predicting how many you've walked based on the actions. If you refresh the page it will give you the accurate number.

I think the question is, when rubber-banding, do "non-steps" still take stamina ? - It "SEEMS" as tho they do, but I'll try to check more thoroughly next time I get a "walk X steps" DQ

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:18

@ Rowbeth

I just completed this quest and noted the stam used every 80 steps.  All movement was in a straight line, 8 steps each way, using click destination on the map to 'auto' move:

stam = 49,912  DQ = Travel 400 tiles  LF = 700  (400 - 35% = 260 stam expected LF save)

80 steps -- stam = 49,855  = 57 stam

3 x cannot move

160 steps -- stam = 49,801  = 54 stam

240 steps -- stam = 49,747  = 54 stam

1 cannot move

320 steps -- stam = 49,698  = 49 stam

400 steps -- stam = 49,790  = 53 stam (145 hourly stam gain) = 267 total stam used.

#14 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:26

Had my own walking quest today, and I have to agree with Lahona et al. All is working as it should have looked more closely the first time. It is all about the large number of diagonals one gets in the path when clicking between two random points on the map, and has nothing to do with LF.

#15 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 13:15

:P

Edited by cucullainn, 09 January 2017 - 13:26.

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2017 - 16:15

I love it when things get fixed without me fixing anything :D

#17 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 22:23

There is a bug between the new map walking path.. its not calculating the corner tile when moving in a single lane turns, like an L shaped move.. if i use classic map, it gives me that corner tile. Using the new map click and walk its not counting it even thouh im clearing stepping on it..

ive been using City of Xinderoth for the tile quests.. its mostly made up of single laned routes so figured it would be perfect and count every tile, but its not when turing around corners, which it should since it visually shows me stepping on tile..

I know i can technically walk trough walls with diagonal movements in classic maps but since im taking the time to step on that corner piece, it should count as a tile traveled on

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 00:38

There is a bug / Glitch.

The DQ counter only records steps you have taken.

But as soon as any rubber banding occurs you lose Steps " Already taken".

Today I had walk 1000 steps for 45 max stam  in return.

during this I had 5 rubber banding events.

I lost over 80 steps taken and received no increase in current stamina  when the page refreshed.

All steps were taken in a straight line.

#19 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:43

Ref: My post (#13)

The 'cannot move' lines refer to rubber banding.  Each time this happened I refreshed the world page.  All my steps were in a straight line, walking eight steps right and eight steps left.  Every time I refreshed the step count was correct.

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:32

Ref: My post (#13)

The 'cannot move' lines refer to rubber banding.  Each time this happened I refreshed the world page.  All my steps were in a straight line, walking eight steps right and eight steps left.  Every time I refreshed the step count was correct.

Wish I could say the same - when I have the walking X steps, I always auto-walk in a straight line, and on the all-too-often rubber banding, I lose steps travelled. Still have to check if stamina is actually being used when that happens tho.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: