#21 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:04

As for inventor 2 debate, it KILLS the value of items too hard and omacaz pots are too common. The cows had an IDEA for what they want new inventable epics to be ... tiered with a base epic being fodder for an improved version OR powerful epics that require some titan hunting, chest hunting, and a little luck. I say hats off to the cows

#22 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:00

I would personally like to see the following change to the new HCS titan item invents :-

Inventor II works (capped at 175 too) - but only on a FAILED attempt - and only has a chance of saving the crystalline item.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#23 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:36

As for inventor 2 debate, it KILLS the value of items too hard and omacaz pots are too common. The cows had an IDEA for what they want new inventable epics to be ... tiered with a base epic being fodder for an improved version OR powerful epics that require some titan hunting, chest hunting, and a little luck. I say hats off to the cows

Point is, it does not make sense to disable a buff. It had to be coded in, waste of time and resources when you could have reached the same result by just lowering the invent success rate, which is just changing numbers in my understanding.

Also, HCS seems to be contradicting themselves. When we complain prices are to low or items to easy to get, then we hear that that is not a problem and it ensures everybody can get one. Now suddenly it is very important that these items remain rare and expensive? I do not mind it personally, but I do not always understand the reasoning.

#24 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:00

These are Items that take a lot of work and reward you with very powerful items. You're bloomin' right there should be risk to it. I don't see this changing. People are constantly saying they want some challenge. This gives you it.

~ Grim

#25 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 15:00

Sounds like success rate is staying the same. Is there going to be a change with inventor 2 or not BG?

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 15:40

Hi there.

Nope. There is no intention of allowing it to work on these recipes.

~ Grim

#27 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 17:38

how is a RISK of losing items  a CHALLENGE ?

rng aint a challenge grim, its just pure luck if you invent or fail

#28 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 17:42

These are Items that take a lot of work and reward you with very powerful items. You're bloomin' right there should be risk to it. I don't see this changing. People are constantly saying they want some challenge. This gives you it.

~ Grim

The challenge is in the acquiring of the bits - especially the crystalline items. There's no "challenge" in awaiting a result from an RNG determining if you're successful or not.

I still think that Inv II should work (at buff level, not pot level) but only on a failed invent and, only then, a chance of saving the crystalline item ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 17:45

how is a RISK of losing a CHALLENGE ?

People say the same of PvP.

Some people say things are easy. That it needs to be harder. The second something becomes hard, it needs to be easier.

It IS a challenge to put these things together. It will stay so.

~ Grim

#30 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 18:00

People say the same of PvP.

Some people say things are easy. That it needs to be harder. The second something becomes hard, it needs to be easier.

It IS a challenge to put these things together. It will stay so.

~ Grim

Grim i dont care over the inventing it is what it is but inventing has nothing at all on any level to do with a challenge ...its luck your either lucky or your not there is nothing you can do to change that... pvp and i aint event a pvper and i can see the challenge in that it takes knowledge and skill to build sets and know what combination of buffs it takes and at what level to allwo you to win..

now how you are saying things is the challenge is in collecting the said items etc ppl aint complaining over that there complaining inv2 doesnt work when it has always worked on everything else its only been a recent change that has stopped it working as intended ..

now your right things should be a challenge i love a challenge no point playing something if its easy and the challenge should be in collecting all the items together to make the said item not in inventing it as thats a click of a button it either works or doesnt

Edited by hades8840, 13 January 2017 - 18:04.

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 18:05

Maybe the challenge is also making your chances of invention better. You can use buffs for that too. The fact is, people call for things to be harder and when it is it's back to "It needs to be easier."

Like I said, these are staying as they are. People who think they are worth it will take the shot at it.

~ Grim

#32 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 18:21

Would YOU like to fail an invent on those items, given you'd just spent (hypothetically) the following amounts on the scarcest components for the recipe ?

v2xlag.jpg

155jgab.jpg

I know I wouldn't - the only piece I've invented so far was the warhammer and that's because I had the boots already.

I know that folk can sweep for chests - or pay for locations - and that keeps the HCS items scarce (which IS a good thing, despite this discussion), but losing that amount of money on a roll from an RNG that we, as players, have no control over, would be frustrating, to say the least.

I also know that we can significantly boost our chances of inventing the item ...

#33 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 19:49

Pardon me for being confused, but is there an inherent / automatic chance of failure (similar to the 2% chance to miss) when inventing items even at 100% rate? If there is then I consider it bad design. Chance of failure shouldn't be applied universally but individually to each recipe. If you want certain items to be rare then lower their base inventing success rate. Players shouldn't be blindsided by hidden implementations like this.

If there isn't then IMO there is nothing to argue about and you just have to reach 100% one way or another. Other MMO games I know have even worse invention/forging rates.

Off T:

Btw for people who are interested, I found out how Master Inventor works:

M.I. Bonus Chance = 10% x Recipe's Success Chance x Master Inventor Skill Level

In the case of the epic cow recipes (all of them have 70% base success chance), you can get as much 7% bonus to your inventing with 100% Master Inventor.

Edited by Maj, 13 January 2017 - 20:32.

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:09

Pardon me for being confused, but is there an inherent / automatic chance of failure (similar to the 2% chance to miss) when inventing items even at 100% rate?

No, there is not. 100% is 100%.

#35 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:35

No, there is not. 100% is 100%.

think problem is this grim you start at 70% invent rate you get 28.75 from a inv2 pot on distill so it makes it inv2 575 so thats 98.75% so the question is what does the master lab and master inventer enhancement bring to the table surely 100% enhancement covers 1.25% and therfore 100% invent rate

#36 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:30

Inventors Laboratory adds +% modifier to the Master Inventor enhancement, so it's really just about Master Inventor.

#37 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 18:37

i think it would be nice if we could see the success % instead of high /very high etc 

#38 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 19:46

i think it would be nice if we could see the success % instead of high /very high etc 

you can see the % rate go check the guide for what your inventing

#39 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2017 - 20:28

Hades it's clearly not 1.25% addition with invention 100% otherwise no one would have failed with inventing, provided the used inventor 575.

My guess is probably .1 or .2 percent but only BG can confirm which he won't

#40 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 21:07

Hades it's clearly not 1.25% addition with invention 100% otherwise no one would have failed with inventing, provided the used inventor 575.

My guess is probably .1 or .2 percent but only BG can confirm which he won't

Hoof, you mean, surely - he'd have been the one programming the effect :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: