Photo

Duels, Tournaments and Gambling.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:18

from ToS:
Competitions

Player run competitions that include, but are not limited to, lotteries, quizzes, or draws that require payment for entry are not permitted. Some of our Sites have official free to enter competitions, any competition other than these are considered against our rules and no loses incurred by participating in these illegal competitions will be reimbursed by Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.

So I understand that gambling is not allowed, but what about the duels or tournaments?

I have been sitting on maxed level character for almost my entire game, and done all of the possible ways to make and get money. And that is like 3 years. I would like to spend that money to something.

So I was wondering if it is allowed to hold PvP tournaments, since the game PvP is so unrewarding that it is just better to do something else than pk.

By tournament I mean: Taking entering fees from players that wants to join and agree in tournament rules, and then pay the winner (or winner and players who came 2nd and 3rd) money that was taken as entering fee? I would really like to see/arrange at least something like this because there is no ingame built rewarding PvP.

Also the duels. are we allowed to fight 1v1, 2v2 etc. where losing team is willing to pay X amount of the money to the winner?
BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#2 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 20:25

A while ago there was unofficial tournament.The prize was ep.
https://youtu.be/xN1...n8OEEKzkJ_HNihI

Edit:No fees were taken from those who were willing to participate.

Edited by scorp, 08 March 2017 - 20:40.

Fire,i like fire.

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 March 2017 - 20:39

Organizing that was so much fun...

... but I only did the last few rounds. cant imagine what the first rounds would have been like...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 20:44

Fighting also was a lot of fun.Too bad i was too derp to get pass by the 2 round.:__:
Fire,i like fire.

#5 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 23:19

This would be fun to do but not enough actually pvpers to do this and not only that but also a lot of ppl have different times when they play, so it would be tough to do.

R.I.P Ichiko my beautiful, sweet rabbit  :(

#6 Poseidonn

Poseidonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:19

Okey, Easy Money Lets Goooo xD

#7 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:45

A while ago there was unofficial tournament.The prize was ep.
https://youtu.be/xN1...n8OEEKzkJ_HNihI

Edit:No fees were taken from those who were willing to participate.

Yeah I remember hearing about the tournaments but prize would be so tiny and ofc it needs to include entry fee so only searious people would join it and less time spent on trolls.
BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

-Gold Mine team.

#8 PanDaLV

PanDaLV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 13:35

Best is Organizate private and yeah invite good people friends or something but not random people who troll etc

Message me, if intrested in gems  :D 

#9 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 18:02

Best is Organizate private and yeah invite good people friends or something but not random people who troll etc

and that is prevented by taking entry fee. No1 pays entry fee just to troll..

and that leads this conversation back to my original question that no1 has answered yet.

-Gold Mine team.

#10 Poseidonn

Poseidonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 21:14

and that is prevented by taking entry fee. No1 pays entry fee just to troll..

and that leads this conversation back to my original question that no1 has answered yet.

Can Everyone Join? Btw will the entry fee be eldevin points or real money?

#11 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2017 - 14:22

This would be fun to do but not enough actually pvpers to do this and not only that but also a lot of ppl have different times when they play, so it would be tough to do.

not only this but also not everyone wants to see each fight go for 20-30mins give or take cause 99% of the people that do any form of pvp are prophbrids so it'll be pointless as one of them will always come out the winner against any form of non-prophbrid regardless because gone are the days where eldevin pvp actually required any "skill" not that it took a lot to begin with but now pvp has just gotten to the point where its who can outheal who not to mention all the running and kiting people do.

TLDR; better off making a gold medal marathon race around TA instead.

Do support the idea though and if i have time i may even compete after dusting off the cobwebs and show that a PvE style healer can also fight ;)

to answer your question, better off waiting for an admin to answer

Edited by luke94, 11 March 2017 - 14:24.

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#12 daawesomeone

daawesomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 15:14

I think the price would have to be a in game item or currency

Me a noob? After 2 years and 3 chars no way. What me be sarcastic? Of course not :) 

daawsomeone - ranger lvl 49

awsassin - assassin lvl 17

da_docter - prophet lvl 49

da_wall  - Templar lvl 49

SliceAndHiest - Warsin lvl 25

#13 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:25

You guys are going off-topic.

My question simply was that am I allowed to do tournaments that require entry fee?

and answering prophmage thing: There could be set requirements for builds and armor to make them interesting and more skill based.

-Gold Mine team.

#14 Poseidonn

Poseidonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 20:19

the rules say nothing about gambling so... go ahead

#15 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 March 2017 - 22:38

I think when we setup the last one, we were told we couldn't accept entry fees. There were some people who donated to the prize pool, but we couldn't ask for entry fees...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#16 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:38

I think when we setup the last one, we were told we couldn't accept entry fees. There were some people who donated to the prize pool, but we couldn't ask for entry fees...

First proper answer thank you<3

And this kinda sucks because it doesnt really motivate to arrange such things and prizes might be low if you need to rely on donations:/

-Gold Mine team.

#17 PanDaLV

PanDaLV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 14:53

Well first you need ask people if they are agreed with entry fee and then they can give the entry fee's and then do tournament ;)

Message me, if intrested in gems  :D 

#18 Poseidonn

Poseidonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 16:15

you can make a ticket and ask them

#19 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:20

it's against tos to make a tournament where people have to pay an entry fee

if you want to host it you have to pay it out of your own pocket you cannot charge others a fee 

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#20 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 17:20

100 g entry - winner gets all !!!

Font: