Photo

Going to build a house with this......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 18:02

Prospecting: 2 Copper Ores + 1 Coal = 5 Copper Nails

Forestry 2 Plywood Logs + 1 Sap = 1 Plywood Timber

First house built with 250 Plywood Timber + 125 Copper Nails

One bedroom with window, one main area with another window and front door.

Outside the house will have a Storefront.

You will start with 2 slots to sell anything you like at any price. As the house Lvls up, you can purchase more slots with ep or gold.

Paintworks

2 Green Apples + 1 Mixing Powder = 1 Green Paint

2 Lemons + 1 Mixing Powder = 1 Yellow Paint

3 Nidaberries + 2 Mixing Powder = 1 Red Paint

What would be needed to paint your new house.

100 Green Paint

100 Yellow Paint

200 Red Paint

Now to decorate the house!

Carpentry

Lvl 1 Lamp 10 Plywood Timber + 5 Copper Nails

Lvl 2 Lamp Table 15 Plywood Timber + 10 Copper Nails

Lvl 2 Chair 20 Plywood Timber + 10 Copper Nails

Lvl 4 Table 25 Plywood Timber + 15 Copper Nails

Lvl 6 Bench 30 Plywood Timber + 20 Copper Nails

Lvl 8 Bed 40 Plywood Timber + 25 Copper Nails

Lvl 10 Cleavius Statue 50 Plywood Timber + 35 Copper Nails + 5 Boondocks Relics and 2 Lesser Flakes

Tapestry

Lvl 1 Lamp Shade 2 Animal Skins + 1 Sandstone

Lvl 3 Small Portrait 6 Animal Skins + 1 Sandstone

Lvl 5 Small Rug 10 Animal Skins + 3 Sandstones

Lvl 7 Curtains 12 Animal Skins + 4 Sandstones

Lvl 10 Cleavius Portrait 20 Animal Skins + 8 Sandstones + 5 Boondock Relics and 2 Lesser Flakes

Added bonus you can paint anything made in Carpentry and Tapestry other than the Dungeon stuff.

Every time you lvl up any of the 3 Newer Skills you will also lvl up your house. Meet the required lvl and you can make a bigger house with the next set of materials like Lithistle Timber and Bronze Nails. Same goes for Paintworks, Carpentry and Tapestry.

So basically I took materials that are already in game and create something new to add to the game and give players something else to shoot for that they haven't done.

I have other stuff writing down for what else could be done but going to hold off and see what you the community can come up with!  :D

R.I.P Ichiko my beautiful, sweet rabbit  :(

#2 Melody

Melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 23:56

:lol:

Gathering

Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49

Crafting

Alchemy 49 | Armormithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewlery 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

#3 Katarina30

Katarina30

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:50

+1 for more use for timbers and skills.

As of now Forestry is pretty much useless lol, great idea. :)

#4 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:55

+1 for more use for timbers and skills.

As of now Forestry is pretty much useless lol, great idea. :)

Yea that was my thinking, getting the others skills some more use.  :D

Edited by Thomas02, 02 May 2017 - 12:34.

#5 Alendra

Alendra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 17:02

Hi there ! 

New goal, new professions and many interesting ideas !  :lol: 

We can even make some bonus like chest (for mats) and wardrobe (for sets and space in your bank account :D). Maybe more rooms and even a space for an animal (that can be great as well and adding more news) :P. I like, as well, the idea to choose with what my house can be built (like wood, or stone, or both) and design her (colors : blue, red, purple, green, yellow, and maybe more; where i want to put this…). That can be really attractive and addictive  ^_^

I'm just saying some ideas like that  ;)
See you around  :)

Edited by Alendra, 02 May 2017 - 17:05.

#6 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 18:33

This is providing you can find a vacant building plot to buy and get planning permission to build the property  :P 

Would there be a need to submit a planning application to HCS with detailed drawings of each floor including utility supplies and drainage routes. Plus access to said property from public roads/paths, whilst matching the build to fit in with the surrounding area and foliage.

Also if you have a store front, you may be liable to extra tax for sale of goods from a residential property.

:lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#7 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 19:43

Hi there ! 

New goal, new professions and many interesting ideas !  :lol:

We can even make some bonus like chest (for mats) and wardrobe (for sets and space in your bank account :D). Maybe more rooms and even a space for an animal (that can be great as well and adding more news) :P. I like, as well, the idea to choose with what my house can be built (like wood, or stone, or both) and design her (colors : blue, red, purple, green, yellow, and maybe more; where i want to put this…). That can be really attractive and addictive  ^_^

I'm just saying some ideas like that  ;)
See you around  :)

Yes I was already thinking something of a chest or dresser to hold either more materials or even more vanity and was also thinking final house would have a trophy case or even an achievement case so ppl could see what you have had accomplished in the game when they visited your house.  :P

As you lvl up your house to the next Lvl, your house would get larger so you would have more rooms to put stuff into it with the Carpentry and Tapestry skills.

So like Lithistle Timber and Bronze Nails house would have 2 bedrooms, main room and a den maybe.

Each house would expand more and more.  :D

#8 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 19:45

This is providing you can find a vacant building plot to buy and get planning permission to build the property  :P

Would there be a need to submit a planning application to HCS with detailed drawings of each floor including utility supplies and drainage routes. Plus access to said property from public roads/paths, whilst matching the build to fit in with the surrounding area and foliage.

Also if you have a store front, you may be liable to extra tax for sale of goods from a residential property.

:lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Haha this would be very true irl.  :P

#9 Alendra

Alendra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 19:56

A trophy chest is a good idea, but in this "special village" you want to create a portal only for player's house (like our little city) or a other space in the map already here ? 

I've a question about players who can have access to you're house : maybe an "allowed list" can be made by the owner like that they can't "troll" you or annoying you  :D

The little shop space is nice  ;) I'm more in the design of a house so i've many idea for that  :lol:

Maybe for some players, a flag can be put in front of the house (like i belong to the army or arcane…)  :)

Edited by Alendra, 02 May 2017 - 20:04.

#10 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 20:10

As in for somewhere to put it, I would think an Island 3x to 4x the size of Trappers Atoll would be a nice start. So you could have beachfront property, somewhere in the middle and center of the island. Obviously this would be first person to the area gets the prime spots for beachfront property.  :P

I also like the idea of natural damage to your house as a way to do upkeep on it, which can either be repaired through using gold or mats. With this you could throw in a scenario like the one with PL. Where you see a warning or message go across your screen telling you that the Infernal Army is on the way to destroy your homes. You would have to rush there to protect your homes or others, cause they would damage your house raising the price of fixing it, just like your gear when fighting mobs.

Plus this would be a great opportunity to add something to the Events.

Love Bites: Heart Shaped Table or a Chair with a Heart Shaped Cushion

Springtide: Replica of Golden Egg, Statues of Giant Looking Rabbits thingies (forgot the name  :P )

Summer: Pirates Chest (holds largest amount of any chests?) A alarm clock that rings with the a Pirates voice saying "Arrrrr Time to Get Up, Matey".

Halloween: Pumpkin Table, Witches Kettle Pot

Winter: Frozen Table, Candy Cane Light Post

Just a few for those events.  :D

World Bosses could drop miniature replica's of themselves, cause obviously you had to help beat one to get one. XD

:D  :D

Edited by Thomas02, 02 May 2017 - 20:11.

#11 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 20:14

A trophy chest is a good idea, but in this "special village" you want to create a portal only for player's house (like our little city) or a other space in the map already here ? 

I've a question about players who can have access to you're house : maybe an "allowed list" can be made by the owner like that they can't "troll" you or annoying you  :D

The little shop space is nice  ;) I'm more in the design of a house so i've many idea for that  :lol:

Maybe for some players, a flag can be put in front of the house (like i belong to the army or arcane…)  :)

Thats a good idea about an 'allowed list" of who could come in.

The Flag would be another great example of use in Tapestry, you could make a guild flag or a personal flag or the ones you have mentioned also.  :D

I have given my idea of an area for where houses would be, most likely a boat would be needed to travel, or even a dragon would be nice.

Edited by Thomas02, 02 May 2017 - 20:15.

#12 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 20:24

Here in the States, you would pay a property tax at the end of the yr on your home. It all depends on the area you live at and school, crimes and some others that they applied to it. So maybe the Beachfront property would have higher value than the middle and central ones. Plus it could be paid out weekly, monthly or yearly.

Beachfront: 25g per month 300g per year

Middle: 15g per month  180g per year

Central: 10g per month 100g per year

These are just an example of what they could be.  :D

Edited by Thomas02, 02 May 2017 - 20:24.

#13 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 22:20

Here in the States, you would pay a property tax at the end of the yr on your home. It all depends on the area you live at and school, crimes and some others that they applied to it. So maybe the Beachfront property would have higher value than the middle and central ones. Plus it could be paid out weekly, monthly or yearly.

What about a house on TA to watch the fun. Would that be even more ;)

#14 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 22:34

What about a house on TA to watch the fun. Would that be even more ;)

Yea as all the mages do Erupt around the house to try to burn it down XD

#15 Alendra

Alendra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 16:25

Nice : a "home"barbecue in TA  :P

Maybe we can have in this little city a place like the golden tankard (for meal, drink…). Also for Christmas, a big tree in the middle for a beautiful place and some ornement. I have other ideas for event if you need  :lol:

A Homestone can be useful as well (one for EC for example and one for the village). The village can also hide some quest and treasure hunt  ;)

The price is really good  :)

#16 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 16:50

Are you kidding? I was chatting to lady Alona and brokenshore yesterday, Doris to her friends ;) .

Anyway she was telling me there are some lovely plots available on the coast near her for a fraction of Thomas's suggested prices just as long as you don't mind catching crabs now and again and can put up with consistant dragonfly bites. Doris also said the tides very rarely flood the shore line, so a little bit of damp proofing might be needed just to make sure, but other than the odd infestation of earth mites, it sounds pretty good :)

Saying that I wouldn't mind somewhere up by swiftburn in Blossom Ridge,  you get sit on the bank of the lake catching mackeral, and could possibly start a new fashion of clothes made from from owlbear fur.

Edited by Steve1973, 03 May 2017 - 16:53.

#17 Alendra

Alendra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 18:19

I meant : not so much gold  :P Some spot can be more expansive like the beach if she is really beautiful and not so dangerous. But yes Steve, crab can be good for cooking skills  ;) They can be delicious.

Fashion shop also interesting  :lol: I got some ideas to decorate our houses : fireplace, fence, a farm plot, a mailbox (to finally use the Scribe skill maybe to make us becoming artist), barbecue, a little garden for the outdoors… 

I think Terra and Zephyr can be craft like Cleavius Statue or Cleavius Portrait :unsure: 

Edited by Alendra, 03 May 2017 - 18:20.

#18 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 22:48

A Homestone can be useful as well (one for EC for example and one for the village).

Lol this is something I had already thought of, just was waiting to see if someone else thought of it also.  :P

#19 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 22:52

Are you kidding? I was chatting to lady Alona and brokenshore yesterday, Doris to her friends ;) .

Anyway she was telling me there are some lovely plots available on the coast near her for a fraction of Thomas's suggested prices just as long as you don't mind catching crabs now and again and can put up with consistant dragonfly bites. Doris also said the tides very rarely flood the shore line, so a little bit of damp proofing might be needed just to make sure, but other than the odd infestation of earth mites, it sounds pretty good :)

Saying that I wouldn't mind somewhere up by swiftburn in Blossom Ridge,  you get sit on the bank of the lake catching mackeral, and could possibly start a new fashion of clothes made from from owlbear fur.

She sure could offer lower prices than mine, no doubt about that, but if you want rotting crabs with mundane parts lying around cause questers didn't pick up after themselves thats fine, or how about all the Dragonfly and Seagulls poo all over your nice new house (wouldn't matter what color you picked  :wacko: ) and than their is the Infernal Army right there at Brokenshore to just come over and tear your house down, granted it would probably end up in the ocean cause you know, the shore is all broken. :lol:

#20 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 22:58

Fashion shop also interesting  :lol: I got some ideas to decorate our houses : fireplace, fence, a farm plot, a mailbox (to finally use the Scribe skill maybe to make us becoming artist), barbecue, a little garden for the outdoors… 

I think Terra and Zephyr can be craft like Cleavius Statue or Cleavius Portrait :unsure: 

Love the ideas for the houses, kept them coming. I was thinking the final house would hold a stable where the mounts would be at so others could see what they look like (like very rare ones). Plus maybe a fence in area where you could show off all your pets also (rare ones also).

As for the Terra and Zephyr statues or portraits, I think a nice idea would be to make them server only, since we have servers of the same names. So in order to get the Terra one, you would have to be on the Terra server and get the drop to acquire it, same goes for the Zephyr one. Make ppl go to the other servers to acquire one to add to their collection.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: