• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 18:16

EDIT: It appears that the "money bug" is likely the result of a player trolling. No affect on the economy has been seen so far. The ticket that was supposedly sent in 2 months ago reporting the issue appears not to have been found as the devs are still asking for information. Again, it appears this was just a player trolling. I will update the post if I find anything to suggest otherwise.

Making a thread about this issue in the proper Forum so that hopefully it will get noticed. Previous discussion on the topic is in the links below.

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75788

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969

It has been claimed that there was a ticket sent in for it with no response. I'd like to ask the devs to please go back and look at the ticket (if there is one) and make the appropriate fixes if required.

Edited by Elrog, 14 December 2017 - 18:01.

#2 Echelon

Echelon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Fiji

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:28

This would be considered a major exploit, which are reported using the support ticket system.This is to ensure a fast response as any developer that logs in would be immediately notified. Support Tickets can be made at https://www.huntedcow.com/support

Gathering Skills

Crystal Cutting: 49 Farming: 49 Fishing: 49 Foraging: 49 Forestry: 49 Prospecting: 49

Skinning: 49 

Crafting Skills

Alchemy: 49 Armorsmithing: 49 Cooking: 49 Jewelry: 49 Leatherworking: 49 

Scribe: n/a Tailoring: 49 Weaponsmithing: 49 

#3 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:37

Dont see concept in first link?

+ why is my market post linked here. (BTW Buying every high item u possibly have. All vanities, gear, ep. Check that linked post for more info)

Reported this post because it clearly accuses me.

If people would think its "abused", I wouldnt have this much orders through discord/ingame male already. (around 60k gold going out on sunday. Will take more orders. Buying everything!)

Edited by SagaTeller, 13 December 2017 - 04:43.

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#4 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:58

This would be considered a major exploit, which are reported using the support ticket system.This is to ensure a fast response as any developer that logs in would be immediately notified. Support Tickets can be made at https://www.huntedcow.com/support

Already sent a ticket, just trying to get it in as many places as possible so it is more likely to get noticed by the devs.

Dont see concept in first link?

+ why is my market post linked here. (BTW Buying every high item u possibly have. All vanities, gear, ep. Check that linked post for more info)

Reported this post because it clearly accuses me.

If people would think its "abused", I wouldnt have this much orders through discord/ingame male already. (around 60k gold going out on sunday. Will take more orders. Buying everything!)

This thread is not about you. It is about fixing a potential game-breaking bug.

(there is no rule against accusing anyway, there is a rule about not making threads about another person and this thread is not about you)

Edited by Elrog, 13 December 2017 - 06:09.

#5 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:09

This thread is not about you. It is about fixing a potential game-breaking bug.

Then take out my market link. I got all gold legit with my partners. This makes me look bad.

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

-Gold Mine team.

#6 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:27

Hey guys, we've had a few reports of this bug. If anyone can give us directions on how to replicate it please submit a support ticket (please don't post about it here!) with instructions and we can take it from there.

#7 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 15:22

Hey guys, we've had a few reports of this bug. If anyone can give us directions on how to replicate it please submit a support ticket (please don't post about it here!) with instructions and we can take it from there.

If someone happens to know how it can be replicated, and abused to absolute max  (just for the fun of it because thats all there is to do anymore), Will it just be fixed quickly and radiosilence after that OR will you guys push something like.. idk.. lvl 50 content with same game update/patch, to remind possible abusers that there is more to do in this game than ruin economy and give free gold to everyone around making wealth meaningless?

As person who doesnt play anymore due to 2+ years without any new stuff, I really do not care if someone would ruin this game once and for all to everyone, unless some life would be blown into Eldevin's lungs.

Edited by SagaTeller, 13 December 2017 - 15:23.

-Gold Mine team.

#8 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2017 - 15:48

If someone happens to know how it can be replicated

Hi there Sagateller,

I'd like to stress that if you know of someone that knows how to replicate this issue and has been exploiting it to their advantage, they and anyone else associated with those activities face possible account termination as per our terms of service. Please do get in touch (or get them to get in touch!) if you have any information so we can get this sorted out - we'd prefer to keep this a level playing field for everyone!

#9 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 17:57

Hi there Sagateller,

I'd like to stress that if you know of someone that knows how to replicate this issue and has been exploiting it to their advantage, they and anyone else associated with those activities face possible account termination as per our terms of service. Please do get in touch (or get them to get in touch!) if you have any information so we can get this sorted out - we'd prefer to keep this a level playing field for everyone!

Hi there Anakiro!

As I mentioned earlier, I really doubt that someone is willingly giving out such information unless they know there will be some kind of reward for them (this could get some more tongues loose obviously) or give them earlier mentioned reason to believe that theres other fun things to enjoy in this game after all these years. Breaking ToS most likely doesnt really concern anyone, who is prepared and knows his actions, at this point.

In my personal opinion, if I would know such way to make A LOT of gold in game, I would have so much fun and try to do everything before its figured out by authorities (..and at this point, since its been out for months, a lot gold is most likely hidden and stored in unnamed guilds and accounts via using different IP addresses and other methods to hide any traces).

Just my thoughts. Hope you catch that rascal :).

-Gold Mine team.

#10 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 20:20

In my personal opinion, if I would know such way to make A LOT of gold in game, I would have so much fun and try to do everything before its figured out by authorities

Thank you for this quote. I will use it in the other thread.

#11 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2017 - 23:37

Superb thread and so much truth in the posts, why do the cows care about this bug? because it would mean less income for them, even though they have abandoned Eldevin, all HCS care about is squeezing every last penny they can from players, i stopped supporting HCS games a long time ago donated hard earned cash to FS, SS2, Eldevin etc, but finally realised that all this studio care about is milking the populace for as much as it possibly can, last time i posted about HCs underhand methods i had Bigrim PM me asking me not to make trouble and he deleted my post.

Now, while i understand that HCS need to make money in order to pay the staff, doing it by lies and subterfuge is so wrong in so many ways, can't find the post where the 14yo said he paid over hundred pounds into this game, but for a 14yo, that would be a lot of pocket money(allowance) or a big chunk of his paper round salary, HCS should be extremely ashamed of their actions (what would they say if someone cheated their kids out of over 100quid?) and delete where they say lvl50 content and regular updates, i know for a fact this post will be edited and/or removed before too many people see it, but as with all scams, better to hide the truth and milk the public, than to tell the truth and gain respect.

All i can say is, if i were to work for HCS and saw how they treat their loyal players, i would quit and claim benefit rather than be part of such an unscrupulous set up!

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#12 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:28

Now, while i understand that HCS need to make money in order to pay the staff, doing it by lies and subterfuge is so wrong in so many ways, can't find the post where the 14yo said he paid over hundred pounds into this game

How does spending one hundred pounds on a game entail lies and subterfuge? He got the ep / founder item / whatever it is he paid for, did he not?

I can see why your previous post was deleted.

Edited by Elrog, 14 December 2017 - 01:40.

#13 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:46

all HCS care about is squeezing every last penny they can from players

There is nothing to support this. If you spend money on a game and it doesn't grow to have a large population, that doesn't mean the money was wasted. You enjoyed the benefits of supporting the game while you did play, did you not?

And answer this for me, how do you think you are helping by trashing HCS on the forums? Have a chance to scare away players before they spend money? That is only a chance. What you are doing (for sure, not just by chance) is helping to keep the game from growing for players who do currently support the game.

I gladly support HCS. I quite like Eldevin even if it doesn't have a large following. Spending money isn't just about will it be there in 5 years, it can also be about the enjoyment along the way.

Tired of all you retired players wanting to kill the game.

Edited by Elrog, 14 December 2017 - 01:51.

#14 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:13

There is nothing to support this. If you spend money on a game and it doesn't grow to have a large population, that doesn't mean the money was wasted. You enjoyed the benefits of supporting the game while you did play, did you not?

And answer this for me, how do you think you are helping by trashing HCS on the forums? Have a chance to scare away players before they spend money? That is only a chance. What you are doing (for sure, not just by chance) is helping to keep the game from growing for players who do currently support the game.

I gladly support HCS. I quite like Eldevin even if it doesn't have a large following. Spending money isn't just about will it be there in 5 years, it can also be about the enjoyment along the way.

Tired of all you retired players wanting to kill the game.

I didn.'t say the money was wasted, i said HCS were squeezing as much as they can out of players, and the lies are the fact that Eldevin claim to have lv50 content plus regular updates on advertised sites, also trashing HCS is not helping to build this game and i never claimed it was, however neither is abandonment by HCS building it, i too have spent lots on all of HCS games and enjoyed playing it and meeting people, you really ought to wake up and see the light retired players are not killing the game, thay are merely venting their frustration that a good game has been left to rot, something that is already dead cannot be killed, if this game had support and more content added most of the so called retired players would return as it is a fantastic game, the devs informed us some years ago that 90% of lv50 was complete, how much effort would it take to finish and introduce it?

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#15 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 17:54

I didn.'t say the money was wasted, i said HCS were squeezing as much as they can out of players

Your comment was that that is all they care about (its a pain to argue with people who change their story out of a lack of thought, caring, and/or discipline). And there still is no evidence for that point. And I would disagree with it. I don't believe that could be true of any game developer which makes a story-driven game.

the lies are the fact that Eldevin claim to have lv50 content plus regular updates on advertised sites

I have not seen any Eldevin advertisements so I guess I would not know.

also trashing HCS is not helping to build this game and i never claimed it was, however neither is abandonment by HCS building it

What HCS is doing with the game is irrelevant to my point about the fact that you are not helping the situation.

something that is already dead cannot be killed

There are people online every day. There are dungeons being run every day. There are people playing through the story line every day. There are people working to build their characters up every day.

The fact still remains that you are not helping anything at all by going out of your way to trash HCS.

you really ought to wake up and see the light retired players are not killing the game

They are having a negative contribution. Would you deny that?

thay are merely venting their frustration that a good game has been left to rot

Then by all means, take out your frustration at the expense of others.

Edited by Elrog, 14 December 2017 - 17:55.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: