Photo

Backpack Backpack .. Yeah!

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you For or Against This Idea .. (282 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you For or Against This Idea ..

1. Voted Yay (265 votes [93.97%])

Percentage of vote: 93.97%

2. Voted Nay (17 votes [6.03%])

Percentage of vote: 6.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:22

First to apologize for going off topic on the Returning Player thread .. opps.

Simple idea that has not been brought up in forum if my research is correct that would benefit each and every player in FS ..imo

Make Players Backpack like the Guild Store .. by adding a branch in the Character tree for the Backpack 'pop up' like the branch in the Guild tree for the Store 'pop up'

And possibly add filters .. A containers filter might be needed

Have the same right click options and maybe add a 'drop' 'use' and 'extract' option

Looking for all feedback ..

Nanoo,Nanoo

#2 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:45

If not this, as I personaly don't like how the guild storage is, make back backpack folders cheaper?
Somewhat achieves the same goal, being able to separate differant types of items, PvP, hunting, Are na ect ect, to potions to quest items, just to name a few possibility.
5mil for me to buy another (6th)
Not that I need any, have one vacant and have for a while, lol.

#3 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:53

I have 10 folders atm .. so they arent so important as the ablility to arrange by type like the GS and right click wear/take and those with permission, untag ... and see more than 12 of my umpteen hundred items ..

#4 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 22:35

...and see more than 12 of my umpteen hundred items ..

Do what you will with the rest of the suggestions, that is the only part I'm really concerned with.

#5 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2013 - 17:44

I'm shocked this hasnt got a ton of yays or nays .. this would be very beneficial for every player no matter what aspect they are involved in of the game ..

Perhaps with so many views and minimal response i should have added a poll..?¿

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 18:44

I'm shocked this hasnt got a ton of yays or nays ..

*yay* be nice to see added.

#7 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:04

Yep, an Ajax-ified backpack would be nice to have. Not necessarily a pop up window like the guild store, but a have it switch pages of backpack without doing a page refresh.

#8 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 13:34

Yep, an Ajax-ified backpack would be nice to have. Not necessarily a pop up window like the guild store, but a have it switch pages of backpack without doing a page refresh.

+1

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#9 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2013 - 17:30

What an ingenious idea, a big yes from me!

#10 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:51

I recently bought a backpack folder, and although I think 100k is a cheap price, I think it is a total pain in the a$$ to use. If there was some sort of filtering, it would make there use much easier, such as filtering for all potions or guild items to go directly into that folder. I also find it a pain to find items that I want, sometimes having to scroll through masses of pages to use container items which give a choice of what potions can be gained. I have 317 BP spaces, making up 26 different pages and having to reload the page then scroll down to see if the item I want is on that page, only to find I have to do it again, and again, often makes me fed up enough to close the FS tab on my computer and go and do something else.

Urck... I vote yes to having all items show up on the same page similar to how guild stores work. :)

Until then, I will log off whenever I get frustrated enough at not being able to find what I want :roll:

#11 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:25

I only have the starter backpack..so not much use to be :(

uwClls8.png

#12 Adaian

Adaian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2013 - 19:44

It may seem silly but if you click on the top of the page where you see xxx/xxx bag slots you get to see all of your items, it doesn't change the fact that you have to constantly check and uncheck items to go into different folders but you can see more then 12 items at a time without having to refresh the pages. I used to do it all from the profile screen but now I just click the BP at the top and do all of my potion clicking in one fell swoop and have everything I need in my Main folder so I can just click drink one page at a time.

Maybe if we had the "Drink" option from the big BP page (prob a FSH thing) it would make it even easier to do so.

I would like to see something like the GS options as far as Helm, Shield etc. I would even suggest an Epic tab for all of the guild Epics so you don't have to spend a few mins looking to see what is there.

Just my 2 cents.

#13 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2013 - 00:05

First to apologize for going off topic on the Returning Player thread .. opps.

Simple idea that has not been brought up in forum if my research is correct that would benefit each and every player in FS ..imo

Make Players Backpack like the Guild Store ..

And possibly add filters ..

Looking for all feedback ..

Nanoo,Nanoo

Ooh, that would be nice! I'd like to see the trees amongst the forest. :D

#14 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 00:10

Until this week I have never used folders. Just so you know.

#15 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2013 - 00:18

You're my hero, Belaric :D

I wish I didn't need folders :D But tend to look for recipes that need a certain item that is in my BP. I tend to search for a recipe I remember seeing a certain resource in, or try to remember what was needed for a certain invented item... I have folders for quest recipes, epic recipes, chomper recipes, arena recipes, etc.. it would be great to have folders for the increasing introduction of new batches of items, so I don't need to sift through hundreds of recipes to find them again ;)

#16 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:36

though I don't have the bp spaces that some others have, my folders do a decent job at separating items. I am sure this could benefit even myself.

#17 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2013 - 23:34

though I don't have the bp spaces that some others have, my folders do a decent job at separating items. I am sure this could benefit even myself.

I was talking about Recipe folders :D That they need extra folders.

Urck is talking about improving the BP folder system, to make it as accessible as the the guild store is :D

#18 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:18

Excellent Idea.

I have 600 bps and I've added 5 folders to organize inventory. The 6th folder that I added was "Prep", as in there I could put all the potions I need for whatever activity I'm about to embark on and even roaming through that can be ponderous if I'm . The biggest and most annoying time waster in this game is finding the gear and potions you want from you own pack.

If I know there is guild tagged gear in my pack that I want to use, the fastest way for me to access it is to use the Guild Report system.

I hope this idea is accepted and acted upon by HCS.

#19 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:53

+1 Yes please

#20 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:04

+1 Yes please

+1
That would save time from moving between pages to equip items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: