#1 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:53

I noticed that you can't use any piece of normal gear in the vanity slots, it has to be specifically only for vanity. I would like it if you could use the appearance of any piece of gear in the vanity slots, because there's lots of good looking sets that aren't vanity items e.g. lvl 30 crafted sets.

Edited by Malthrus, 05 December 2013 - 03:54.

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:10

was hoping the Vanity slots would allow this.. hopefully in the future  :D

#3 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:34

Yeah I suggested back in the beta. Hopefully they might add it in the future.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#4 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:46

If you let us know which sets are your favorites, we could possibly look to adding some of them as vanity sets. We already have a few of the dungeon sets available this way. :)

#5 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:53

The crafted assassin set.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#6 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:05

If you let us know which sets are your favorites, we could possibly look to adding some of them as vanity sets. We already have a few of the dungeon sets available this way. :)

For EP you mean.

I really want to just be able to wear a complete set that I own in the vanity slots, so I don't look like I am wearing a rainbow without having to buy a complete 2nd set for $ or a lot of gold with no stats on it when I already own the gear.

#7 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:10

For EP you mean.

I really want to just be able to wear a complete set that I own in the vanity slots, so I don't look like I am wearing a rainbow without having to buy a complete 2nd set for $ or a lot of gold with no stats on it when I already own the gear.

If you really want to wear a vanity set where's the harm in paying a little to wear it? If they start giving vanity away for free then it's going to lose them potential income.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#8 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:39

If you really want to wear a vanity set where's the harm in paying a little to wear it? If they start giving vanity away for free then it's going to lose them potential income.

Paying real money to wear a vanity set is totally fine so long as the set they are selling is unique to the shop and not a copy of other high lvl gear, otherwise you just get people running around with replica sets of gear they didn't earn in-game which devalues the prestige of wearing the set. I am all for vanity sets, but no replica's please; keep them unique. Perfect examples are the current prestige sets, valor pvp set and the destiny EP set.

Charging players to wear gear they could just toggle on through their inventory if they so wished is a tad money grabbing if you ask me. I would like to see EP only sets stay as EP only and in-game sets stay obtainable only in-game.

If they REALLY wanted to monetize it, why not add an option to pay to unlock each vanity slot, which we can then use to swap in the appearance of any item, rather than have all these silly replica sets which seem totally redundant.

But I would much rather be in favor of having cool EP only sets to use as vanity and cool in-game obtained sets with normal stats to also use as vanity. This also allows for more creativity as you could combine the looks of different items together that aren't part of a set.

Also, while we're on the topic: vanity weapons please? <3

Edited by Malthrus, 05 December 2013 - 13:04.

#9 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 18:20

I was thinking about this tonight about possible ways of implementing this that would still be beneficial to HCS.

How about creating the ability to add a vanity gem slot to an item.

This ability would cost approx 100EP per slot.

Then we would need to purchase vanity gems from the shop.

The vanity gems can then be embeded into the vanity slot for the item and this removes all stats from that item and allows it to be equipped as a vanity piece in the character section.

Then the usual EP unembed fee applies if you want to wear that item as regular gear again.

This for me is another part of collecting (or hoarding depending on how you look at it) as I like to have each of teh dungeon sets I have gathered throughout the course of the game and with the possibility of "vanity only" wardrobes, this idea would kill two birds with one stone

#10 TakeTwo

TakeTwo

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 17:01

In Aion there was an npc that could add an armor item as a skin onto another armor item (but not adding the stats).

Skin Purchaseable with gold/ep = Item A

Wearable dungeon item = item B (item B stats)

Go to npc to make item B look like item A and destroying item A in the process. (item B stats)

Another piece of armor = item C (item C stats)

Go to npc to make item C look like item A using item B (because B now looks like A) - (item C stats only)

You can restrict it so that only medium can armor can skin onto medium armor or open it up so that prophets can look like warriors or whatever.

For those concerned with HCS losing money because of people not spending EP, keep in mind that destroying item A means it would have to be re-purchased if skinned onto a bound item. You can also consider "unskinning" the item from the gear for re-tradeable purposes.

As the game grows, you can introduce skins for weapons, skins for shields etc. It would be nice if some of these skins were purchaseable in game, but other skins like a shield that looks like a car door, or a shield that looks like a big steak are only purchaseable through ep.

#11 Marki

Marki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 15:21

I have seen an item I wanted to wear as a vanity item on another player as their equipment, something like a Headband of Desert something or other. Frankly, the vanity items <colour> Bandana could be more appropriately called <colour> Bandit Mask, and whilst it is, imho, better looking than the leather helms, it is not what I really wanted.

Perhaps putting something into a vanity slot could automatically "gut" the item, converting it to a purely vanity item permanently? Not much of a sacrifice for a low level item. But for a high level set item?

The game Rift - which I have played - has a feature like this, and other games may too. Perhaps someone from HC can look into how other games do this, and maybe even talk to them about the economics of it. :D

#12 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 16:55

Or perhaps just an EP based conversion character... You could call them "The Emperor's Tailor" and give him a little back-story which vaguely relates to the Tale of "The Emperors New Clothes"...

Then have him explain that he can change the armor you already have into a "Wearable Illusion". The armor would no longer be able to protect you, but :you would always be the best dressed guy at the party."

Then, allow the player to do some mission (let say you have to silence the person who is telling everyone that he's a fraud), unlock the Tailor's shop, and pay him a nominal fee in EP or a TON of Loyalty Points to perform this conversion. This would open up the conversion to Paying and Nonpaying players, but require the Non Players to spend a lot of time playing.

Innovation is the Mother of Prosperity.

- Aurynne - Lvl 20 - Ranger
Prospecting 12 | Skinning 12 | Foraging 8 | Forestry 7 | Fishing 6 | Crystal Cutting 6 | Farming 5

Cooking 8 | Leatherwork 7 | Weaponsmithing 6 | Alchemy 4 | Armor-smithing 2 | Jewelry 2 | Tailoring 1
- NynaeveAlmeara - Lvl 7 - Prophet/Mage (to be)
- Adolin - Lvl 6 - Templar (to be)
- MatrimCauthon - Lvl 1 - Warrior (to be)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: