#1 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:57

Not sure how others feel.. But to me this set is good for composing only.. I don't feel that Armor and Defense mixed is a good combo... This may be just the way I see it but seems redundant... Any ideas or comments are welcome..

Thanks

#2 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:05

I'll need more time to think about it first, but I believe that makes a good hybrid setup with Deep Sea set, I'll try to figure out a setup with that for Arena.

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:11

Makes a perfect set for arena hybrids. They are very non existent in the arena due to lack of gear like this. Doesn't need to be changed.There is no need for leveling gear around this area anyway you can already one hit with ease. Before asking for change you should do some research, it is good for way more than just frags. It brings more diversity into the arena which has been stagnant for awhile. 

Edited by Intimidation, 08 January 2014 - 12:13.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:15

Nothing more will be changed. Arm/Def sets have been replaced quite often in the past for diversity of stat load outs.

#5 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:24

1) I didn't ask for it to be changed..

2) If it is planed for arena then as I said. Composing fodder.

3) As for doing Research well I didn't claim to be a Expert here... But then just maybe some others are..

Thanks

Edited by Shylark57, 08 January 2014 - 12:26.

#6 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:54

What sets where updated? I looked in AH and seen 845 sets still HP based

#7 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:56

What sets where updated? I looked in AH and seen 845 sets still HP based

The Level 1800 set is all that was changed....

#8 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:34

a very poor precedent was set with the other set being changed under duress. Sorry but it now seems unfair if only certain folk can get certain sets changed, the flood gates have officially been opened... :unsure:

#9 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:39

Adding in 'speciality' sets to level ranges that already have large amounts of differing gear is a lot different to doing the same to a level range that is almost completely barren of gear.

That is what makes the situation fair. I'd completely agree if the levels around the 225 area had been using the same stuff for hundreds of levels, but, obviously they haven't.

Stats on gear have been changed in the past, there is no precedent being set here, at all.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#10 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:46

i dont think the stats should be changed at all on the set....but the item choice was just poor. A rune/shield combo or a armor/shield combo would have made the set more useable. As it is now the "lakota" set breaks up  averills, nightbranch,sauradons,felectiy,svanhildas,daynas,yellow spine sets!!!(pretty much EVERY useful set between 175-250)....

As i said before. A poorly thought out item choice. The Defense/Armor base is brilliant. It worked well with deep sea set in the past and would've worked well if excuted properly

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#11 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:49

i dont think the stats should be changed at all on the set....but the item choice was just poor. A rune/shield combo or a armor/shield combo would have made the set more useable. As it is now the "lakota" set breaks up  averills, nightbranch,sauradons,felectiy,svanhildas,daynas,yellow spine sets!!!(pretty much EVERY useful set between 175-250)....

As i said before. A poorly thought out item choice. The Defense/Armor base is brilliant. It worked well with deep sea set in the past and would've worked well if excuted properly

THIS is my ONLY issue with the set. It breaks far too many sets to be useful. I liked the idea of a Def/Arm setup so much, that I bought one as soon as the event started, only to find the setups with it lackluster.

#12 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:53

I don't have any problem with the 225one, I know he breaks a lot of setups, but its possible to figure out something in the future, and fit with future LEs as well...

But the 845 one I can't find an use for it.

#13 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:58

I don't have any problem with the 225one, I know he breaks a lot of setups, but its possible to figure out something in the future, and fit with future LEs as well...

But the 845 one I can't find an use for it.

unless they plan on releasing a LOT of new LE gear to fit with it the 225 set is pretty pointless as it sits. I've tried every set from 175-240 and have yet to find a legitamite use for it. I've tried arena,turtle set ups, armor sets, defense sets. It truly is impractical. I can build many BETTER sets with already existing gear. If it didnt break so many other sets it would have some use...but as it is currently it is frag fodder

#14 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:59

Well all of this is no point.. BG made it clear nothing will be changed so.. Point taken and Done...

#15 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 14:01

LMAO maybe if we made a poll? seems to work for others when they want something to go their way

#16 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 14:06

LMAO maybe if we made a poll? seems to work for others when they want something to go their way

They were also EoC, and there aren't nearly the amount of setups at 1800 as there is around 225. 

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 14:07

I have already stated it shall not change.

*Locked*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: