13 replies to this topic

#1 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 20:52

I think that when inspecting other players, the inspection screen should be a little more detailed; I think it should be somewhat similar to your personal character screen, featuring their general, defence and damage stats with also the amount of points they have in each attribute. There should also be a tab which allows you to see their profession levels. This would be greatly beneficial as it will reduce the chance of someone being scammed by someone who claims they have a profession level they don't. 

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#2 Laiwun

Laiwun

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 20:54

+1

#3 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 20:56

+1

Oh you:P

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#4 Truth

Truth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 21:00

It's already too detailed if you ask me. Who would want to reveal everything?

#5 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2014 - 21:19

I think it is fine as it is... So I have to say now to this one... To me just clicking on some one name in Chat and inspecting them is wrong.. You should need to be near the other player to see their info....

#6 Laiwun

Laiwun

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 21:24

I think it would be great if firstly: you could only inspect players when they are near you and secondly: you could also see the profession levels. I don't think you should be able to see dps and such because that would be nefast for pvp and other competitive instances.

Best of both worlds :)

#7 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 21:45

On the topic on /inspect I think they should take away the /inspect command or give it a distance limit. How is it possible that we are able to inspect players in different realms? It shouldn't be.

Inspect should be a command that is only usable when someone is in a short range of you.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 21:52

imo i agree it should be more detailed but more so with talents instead.  but i also feel it should be an optional thing... players should be able to dissable inspect so others can not inspect them...

being able to see stats/talents/proffession levels would help but understand many players perfer to keep these things to themselves so should have the option to block inspects. infact that should had been added before inspect was ever put in the game. would had saved many players frustrations. but eh.. hindsight you know...

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#9 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2014 - 22:15

One game I played had a section of their forums... It showed just about every thing a player had for gear.. What class they played and a lot more... Many players used this to exclude players from groups.. Little did they think those stats was stored.. And may not reflect any armor or stat changes... I was happy that when they did a make over of their forums that part got trashed...

I agree with "awollsd" It should be a option if this inspect should be used........

#10 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:03

I'd rather that the inspect command is changed to be an option that players can choose to enable/disable especially if will give more information such as the stats/build. I personally feel that it's rude to be able to "inspect" others.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#11 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:16

I agree with this, but maybe show full info only if you are in a party, and has mentioned before in a short distance.

Because its good to have secrets if you are doing pvp

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#12 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:18

I agree with this, but maybe show full info only if you are in a party, and has mentioned before in a short distance.

Because its good to have secrets if you are doing pvp

well if they added the option to disable inspect for you (so that you can go to options and make it so NO ONE could inspect you) then distance wouldn't matter as anyone who wanted their secrets would have inspect dissabled :)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#13 Truth

Truth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:46

A full inspect-disable option would be nice to have.

#14 Pweast

Pweast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 00:25

Some people may want to keep their build private, so maybe an option to disable or enable people viewing further information like people have already suggested would be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: