23 replies to this topic

#1 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 23:40

i would really like to see open world pvp allowed. and not just you get to kill pvp for valor or anything... here's how my idea would work (its much like in another game i played a LONG time ago and was really the only reason people played the game)

City, towns, and villages are safe zones (eldevin, nidaros, refugee camp.. all of them) there is no killing permitted there...

Any player can kill any other player.

When a player kills a player they get 1 (simi random) item from the bag. devs could make certain things undroppable 

When a player kills another player they are deemed PKer (player killer) and it is annouced in world chat aswell as the zone they are in. 

while tagged as a player killer you can not use group summon, hearth stone, and npc's in towns will attack you so you must hide in the wilderness's.

The player killer status has a fixed time that it lasts if a player hides and doesn't kill any other players the status will be removed.

IF a player does find and kill the player that is tagged as player killer they drop ALL items in their bag and are either reset back to lvl 1 character lvl OR simply reset 5, 10, 15.... levels what ever the community/devs see fit. 

people often hate open world pvp because higher level players tend to farm lower levels and makes a lot of lower levels quit before they even get to get started... but this system make a REALLY high risk for killing a player. so it tends to eliminate that.. yet still allows player killing as an option. 

players would still be able to go to the arena for friendly duals, or que for the 5vrs5 pvp, or go to trappers atoll for pvp without this risk. so wouldn't make it so that all pvp had such a high risk. 

idk.. it's just something i've been thinking about the past few days and something i'ld like to see however i'm pretty sure most the people here wouldn't like the idea so almost didn't post. was bored and figured wth haha 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#2 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 February 2014 - 23:50

I think an idea like this would be cool. 

My addition: If something like this were implemented but ONLY on one special, specific server, I think that'd be awesome. :)

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#3 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:06

I love the idea, sadly they would have to rework the current pvp systems to have this in the game (atleast to tie it all in together).

Theres nothing more fun that jumping onto an unsuspecting target and after killing them having a chance at their items. :)

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#4 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:40

yeah and with the heavy risk it'll help keep assholes from low lvl farming like in so many other games

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#5 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:29

I think it'd a great idea to have on another server. When someone feels like PvPing then they could just switch servers rather than queue or spam in world chat to get more people to join in. At least if the cities are safe then people who want to craft/talk can just stay in the cities until they feel like going outside of the city. 

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#6 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:03

I like the idea, and would personally go and hunt down PKers all the time.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#7 ValiaS

ValiaS

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:19

Just keep it off the server I play on.

#8 Samppa

Samppa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:22

This idea is great, but it would require some brainstorming to fit into Eldevin and so that it wouldn't upset anyone insanely, and it should probably be optional in someway.

In certain game they had this system:

If you killed 3 Players, you ended up with 30 PK Points and your name would turn red. If you died while having red name, you had chance to lose equipped item.

So basically 1 kill = 10 PK Points.

If you killed 10 Players, you ended up with 100 PK Points and your name would turn black. Even guards would attack you at this point and you would definately drop an equipped item, also you would be put into jail until your name would be at least red.

These PK Points decayed overtime like every 5-10 Minute per point or so, and player who was innocent, but got killed by pker, dropped stuff from his inventory(not equipped) and lost exp.

Perhaps it could adjustable so that only 1 server would work this way or optional area or something like that :) And ain't saying that this is the system that should be used, but its fine for reference.

Edited by Samppa, 08 February 2014 - 07:27.

Supporter of more F2P Eldevin

* Make EP points bound!

* Improved Basket
* Removal of Gold Selling in Shop!

* More reasonable skill prices!

* Unembed Gems cost gold instead

Copy & Paste this to your signature if you agree with me. Topic: http://forums.hunted...646#entry846502

#9 Pweast

Pweast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:06

The idea is good, but not if it is implemented on the current servers. I believe that people will only like this idea if it is implemented on a new server that is only dedicated to PvP, so people had some choice over being randomly killed while foraging or not :3

#10 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:24

If it is optional then sure! sounds like fun.... if not, then no.  :P

Many players do not want to PvP and that should remain a personal choice.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#11 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:35

If it is optional then sure! sounds like fun.... if not, then no.  :P

Many players do not want to PvP and that should remain a personal choice.

I'm rooting for a PVP server! US - West/ PVP! Let's do it! :P

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#12 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 14:06

I dont like PVP, but i like to give oppinions :), IMO instead of stealing their items, as said before gain KP to change into nice itens from a PVP store, the killed player would loose gold and exp, and a part would be given to the killer, then any player could attack the PK and he would loose 2 times the % of exp lost of his victim, and this would happen for the next 1-2 hours ingame, though i believe this game would need a completly new server for that, as an unsuspecting miner would be clicking on a node while wacthing a movie at the same time completly unprepared, and with the new updates maybe reading the forum while the node empties himself, and suddenly an attacker fully buffed fully prepared would take an opportunity...

So in overral a fun idea that would give a headache to HC to implement.

Regards

Edited by Susej, 08 February 2014 - 14:07.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#13 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 15:21

Not generally a big fan of overpowered PvP. Given the high cost for some to repair. The insane prices you pay for some equiptment. And the lack of coin most have before learning how to scam the system. Rewards should be limited to points and repairs should only affect the attacker. And you have to be within a couple of levels of your target. And the victim should respawn with full health in the place they were killed.  :lol:

#14 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 15:27

Not generally a big fan of overpowered PvP. Given the high cost for some to repair. The insane prices you pay for some equiptment. And the lack of coin most have before learning how to scam the system. Rewards should be limited to points and repairs should only affect the attacker. And you have to be within a couple of levels of your target. And the victim should respawn with full health in the place they were killed.  :lol:

If there would be no downside to the victim then people would abuse it to gain points, maybe two friends killing each other and helping each other repelling PK Hunters

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#15 Medi3vil

Medi3vil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Badge
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 February 2014 - 16:59

wow, this reminds me of my days when I played MU  :P

I like the idea, but I think as healthy as said above is a pvp server  :ph34r:

#16 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:05

the problem with it being on certain servers and not seperate pvp servers is a player could go pk a bunch of lower levels knowing he could then switch to a non pk server and be safe untill the pk status was gone OR could atlease switch to a non pvp server to move to a new location then switch back to the pvp and hide untill the status was off so he would be able to avoid the high risk of pking....

the system i proposed put a really high risk for bieng a PKer so that infact most ppl would avoid it. what most (what i always did and what neon said) do is become a PKKer, someone who hunts/killed PKers... 

but yeah with a really high risk system for PKers and no risk for PKKers you tend to see only people participating that realy want to so anyone who wasn't interested would just play as normal and 9 times out of 10 wouldn't even see this side of the game (except for the announcments announcing someone was tagged as a PKer and their location) 

idk i'm actualy verry surprised this has as much support as it does... i really thought this population would appose it drasticly but glad some are interested :)

anyway all details would need to be sorted out but i really think the system works better as an "all servers" thing aslong as you make CERTAIN the risk for PKing(player killing) was really high and there was no risk for PKKing (player killer killing)

but along with some balances we could make it so people have a chance to escape... i've seen things like Attacker gets reduced movmeent speed then the person he attacked could easily run and avoid the fight, or attacker gets reduced dmg so then allowing the person being attacked to get to a safe zone. but the things with those is the attacker could lead off with a root/stun so idk.. but yeah can certainly find ways to balance it and first give it a high risk to PK someone. 2nd make it so anyone being attacked could avoid the fight if so chose, and 3rd make it so pk'ing and PKK'ing both felt rewarding and/or  had a purpose PKK'ing should = greater reward. 

IMO i really liked the looting players invatory. one game had all items tagged as droppable or undroppable. (players could then know to bank thing before they went out questing/on long walks) and a player that got killed would drop ALL items they had that was droppable and then another had it where 1 random item was dropped then yet another had it where the killing player got to pick 1 item.

BUT ALL of them had it where if someone PKed the PKer they lost all items and either a few levels or reverted back to lvl 1. personaly i liked the premenent death (revent back to lvl 1) but doubt it would work here as leveling is such a grind it'l be too harsh. i'ld probably sugest 10 levels lost myself.. with it at that i know i'ld still participate

#17 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:29

the problem with it being on certain servers and not seperate pvp servers is a player could go pk a bunch of lower levels knowing he could then switch to a non pk server and be safe untill the pk status was gone OR could atlease switch to a non pvp server to move to a new location then switch back to the pvp and hide untill the status was off so he would be able to avoid the high risk of pking....

Maybe PVP players would have to stay on that particular server for a set time or something? There are ways around the issue.

I'd be super excited if some kind of PVP server was implemented.

#18 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:49

just make a new server for open world pvp. that's all.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#19 Samppa

Samppa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:00

PvP Servers could be using different character database, which means that you would have to create totally new character in there that isn't useable in any PvE servers. Of course, some of you may find this disagreeable, but it is probably required for this to function properly.

Ex. Smart person would do all PvE stuff in PvE server and just come to PvP in PvP Server, because there wouldn't be no sense leveling, gathering, crafting and questing stuff in PvP Server.

PvP servers could be adjustable to fit the mentality that comes with FFA PvP like:

* Safe Areas, such could be Othello, Major Cities, Inside Dungeons,  and even early Mine in Othello.

* Guards would always protect the one being attacked

* The one getting PKed would result with some lesser loss, such as few inventory items dropping(not equipped items) and/or some 1-5% exp loss.

* If you are PKer and your status as PKer is high or if you deem that attacking is enough for him to suffer for it, then he should be dropping at least 1 equipped item, few stuff from inventory and 5-10% exp loss too.

* PKer status would be on you for 2-5 Minutes

* In PvP Servers your character would remain in the World for 5 to 10 Seconds after closing browser or trying to logout forcibly, it would even warn you when logging out/skipping countdown to 5-10.

* Getting killed while being in PKer status would make you end up in jail and only after your PKer status is gone, you can leave that place.

There is some that could work as whole.

Edited by Samppa, 09 February 2014 - 11:37.

Supporter of more F2P Eldevin

* Make EP points bound!

* Improved Basket
* Removal of Gold Selling in Shop!

* More reasonable skill prices!

* Unembed Gems cost gold instead

Copy & Paste this to your signature if you agree with me. Topic: http://forums.hunted...646#entry846502

#20 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 17:21

i would really like to see open world pvp allowed. and not just you get to kill pvp for valor or anything... here's how my idea would work (its much like in another game i played a LONG time ago and was really the only reason people played the game)

City, towns, and villages are safe zones (eldevin, nidaros, refugee camp.. all of them) there is no killing permitted there...

Any player can kill any other player.

When a player kills a player they get 1 (simi random) item from the bag. devs could make certain things undroppable 

When a player kills another player they are deemed PKer (player killer) and it is annouced in world chat aswell as the zone they are in. 

while tagged as a player killer you can not use group summon, hearth stone, and npc's in towns will attack you so you must hide in the wilderness's.

The player killer status has a fixed time that it lasts if a player hides and doesn't kill any other players the status will be removed.

IF a player does find and kill the player that is tagged as player killer they drop ALL items in their bag and are either reset back to lvl 1 character lvl OR simply reset 5, 10, 15.... levels what ever the community/devs see fit. 

people often hate open world pvp because higher level players tend to farm lower levels and makes a lot of lower levels quit before they even get to get started... but this system make a REALLY high risk for killing a player. so it tends to eliminate that.. yet still allows player killing as an option. 

players would still be able to go to the arena for friendly duals, or que for the 5vrs5 pvp, or go to trappers atoll for pvp without this risk. so wouldn't make it so that all pvp had such a high risk. 

idk.. it's just something i've been thinking about the past few days and something i'ld like to see however i'm pretty sure most the people here wouldn't like the idea so almost didn't post. was bored and figured wth haha 

I like the idea, some changes:

Either make it REALLY HIGH RISK for the killer OR make it just to high risk and make it on a different server.

If it's on a different server : If you log out while PKer you can't join any other world, until the Pker tag has vanished.

Both: If you log out while having the PKer tag you get as much as the time you get from the PKer tag in additional to what you already got. i.e. The time is 10min (it can't be much less). You have killed a player 5min ago. You log out. When you log in, you have to go on the same server and get the PKer tag for 15min. 

Loosing all items in bag will not work so good in Eldevin as you got small bank and big inventory.

If you kill a player (and got under the time you get for the first kill) your PKer tags time resets. i.e. The time is 10min. You killed some1 5min ago. You kill some1 again. The time is 10min again. If you got over the time (you have logged out) it doesn't affect the time. 

No reseting to level 1 (the reason i got written below with bold text).

All below level 10 would be protected.

The PKer gets i.e. a skull above his head that will fade away 15sec before he looses hes PKer tag. 

It could be on all servers, because it's SO RISKY to attack some1.

The PKer tag would be shown as a effect so you can see how much longer you have to wait.

What if someone lures you in any way to attack him and then kills you, to get all your items?

Also, to clear this up a bit, 

* Safe Areas, such could be Othello, Major Cities, Inside Dungeons,  and even early Mine in Othello.

* Guards would always protect the one being attacked

* The one getting PKed would result with some lesser loss, such as few inventory items dropping(not equipped items) and/or some 1-5% exp loss.

* PKer status would be on you for 2-5 Minutes

*Safe areas... : A improvement to the list of safe zones. 

*Guards... : or as he said, Guards would attack the PKer

*The one... : No xp loss for being defeated! People would be too afraid to go outside safezones. Also there would be nothing that would be really safe then...

*PKer status... : You could easily run away from PKKers in that time! At least 5min!

Huh, that's all I have for now, will maybe edit this post or post a new one later.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: