Photo

Housing idea with examples. (would surpass many other games)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DungeonRider

DungeonRider

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 19:08

While walking around this game and its many houses, it came to me, that you have allready most of

things ready to create awesome housing feature which would blend perfectly into available features,

and finishing everything as a whole.

It would surpass other games which are very famous and leading in this topic like [censored-no-ads],

but have no that good 3d engine like Eldevin which is practicaly 'ready to implement' it all

but on way more awesome level.

It seems like your engine is full of cool, good looking and usable items like beds, chairs, closets, furnitures

and working tools, that could all be crafted by players and placed / arranged in specialy for it designated

area for player house.

This area could be a instance room, (or collction of 2-3 rooms) accessible throught a portal in every city.

The rooms would be empty at beggining, and player (instance owner) would have ability

to place / move objects like chairs / beds / tools ect, around.

Most of furniture / working tools / working benches ect, that are seen around Eldevin

would be craftable by player after which it could be placed in these rooms.

So this way player could have ability to use crafting skills to create jewelers bench, armorsmith anvil,

forge, kitchen, ect ect and place them in his working room.

The same he could create beds, chairs and closets and could put them into his resting room / bedroom.

Achievements could be a trophy items which could be able to be placed / arranged / moved

on walls, tables ect in players house.

Applying EP to this feature can be made throught providing optional immediate teleport with EP use

from any location directly to players house and back,

also player house instance can work like resting area for supporter users giving resting XP while inside.

There are many games which attempt to implement housing in some very basic degree,

but usually most of them are simply not much usefull,

except one game which have great housing feature and is famous exacly because of this,

but do not compare to Eldevin with its simple 2D graphics engine.

To me it looks like ;

Eldevin with its rich world, tons of allready available furniture / tool items and game engine which seems to be able to provide player with ability to move / arrange these items around in designated for player house instance, along with material gathering, crafting, achivements, trophies ect abilities, which could also simulate crafting available environment items as

'usable furniture' have big potential to rule game world not only in browser 3d MMO game world, but also become game which implemented best and most useful, enjoyable and complementary to the rest of its game world, housing system available ever in any of other games.

Edited by BPlayer, 04 March 2014 - 19:12.

,      member of Valhalla guild      ,

#2 chase010

chase010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 21:01

Hey i love what your thinking. I hope they will look into this.

#3 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 00:11

Some cool ideas here :) It's definitely something we want to do, and perhaps use a similar system for a guild hall. Personally I'd like to go a step further and let the player define the floor plan of their house too ( within constraints ), though I'm not sure we'd go that far right away.

I think it's a bit below some of the things like mail/auction/hardware/guilds etc, but Cowboy is also quite keen on player housing, so we will be sure to see it at some point :D

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 00:32

Give us a use for forestry in constructing them. Prospecting has 3 crafting professions. Forestry 1. Would be great to see housing use forestry

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 InHaste

InHaste

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 00:49

Love the ideas here! good thinking:)

LazyAF - Ranger - Level 45

InHaste - Healer - Level 32

3721425.png