7 replies to this topic

#1 RoteZora

RoteZora

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 13:57

Hi there !

I am the gathering and crafting type of gamer. Unfortunately I gain too much XP by doing just that - even though I do not improve all of the jobs, I end up with being 3 or more levels above the actual quests :huh:

Is there any possibility to do something about that? I don't even know a game where this is an option, so maybe I am a "little" bit off the track with my wish...

#2 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 05 March 2014 - 14:41

I have had the same thoughts before, if there was an option to disable while gathering I would be a huge fan!

#3 DungeonRider

DungeonRider

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 16:09

Really i always thought that leveling up by any means is most desired thing and aim of every player,

pushing some even to use of illegal automation programs and puting self in danger of being banned.

First time in my life i hear someone is actualy asking to disable gaining experience in game where

experience is most wanted.

(...) being 3 or more levels above the actual quests (...)

Which makes these quests harder to finish ? ... comeon

The character 'main experience' from crafting skills are very low comparing to experience gained

from kiling mobs / quests and gives player feeling (because its really just a feeling and not much XP)

that he not stop leveling up losing time for crafting many hours while others are leveling up.

Such sitution would lead to player exclusion from his group of friends who would gain higher level

that his friend who mostly craft and not performing quests / ( and wouldnt receive any experience),

thus excluding him from cave runs ect, because of level difference.

Also, no offence but i would rather believe that its an greedy attempt of disqualifing rival players

by suggesting how to slow down even more players who mostly craft while others are continuously level up.

Edited by BPlayer, 05 March 2014 - 16:21.

,      member of Valhalla guild      ,

#4 RoteZora

RoteZora

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 16:21

@BPlayer: quests are boring if one's character is too strong. And as a newcomer in Eldevin I want to learn about the lore as much as possible. So doing story-quests at the moment just means: hopping through caves and such - zack  boom bang, done with the weak mobs... and that's it :huh:

Edited by RoteZora, 05 March 2014 - 16:25.

#5 DungeonRider

DungeonRider

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 16:35

(...) quests are boring if one's character is too strong. (...) 

I totaly agree with my own actual experience that performing level 5 quest while being eg. level 30 is not only boring but simply pointles and not giving any sensible reward to high level player,

but its not fault of crafting.

Its fault of player who by his own choice skip some lower level quests with belief

that he will progress faster this way.

I do lose many hours daily (!) for crafting and i never gained any experience by this

that i could be able to call 'gain' ...

But what i gained is fear that if i will continue crafting too much instead of leveling up,

then all my friends with who i play together, will get too high level while i will stay on low level

(because i craft and not progressing) and finally they WILL stop inviting me to caves - and play with me.

Not even like they will - simply game system will not allow me to team with my own friends

in cave which is good for them but its above my own level.

(because i lost time crafting which give low or zero xp instead of leveling up together with them)

and about easy bashing mobs - um...

isnt it a reason why we use DPS, nuke, "give me that sword", words all over again ?

we just like it <3 Its caled 'Power' - our desire ~

Edited by BPlayer, 05 March 2014 - 16:48.

,      member of Valhalla guild      ,

#6 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 17:54

This is an "issue", if at all, only on very low levels. Get to level 20+ and see how long it takes you to make a single level from crafting alone. Also, once you reach level 30+ some of the quests are simply impossible to solo at that level (not many, but some - example being the caves in betex void).

#7 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 17:59

Hi there !

I am the gathering and crafting type of gamer. Unfortunately I gain too much XP by doing just that - even though I do not improve all of the jobs, I end up with being 3 or more levels above the actual quests :huh:

Is there any possibility to do something about that? I don't even know a game where this is an option, so maybe I am a "little" bit off the track with my wish...

Once you level up a little, you will find that the xp from gathering/crafting is very small compared to what you need to gain an actual combat level. :)

That said though, if people wish to control it I do not see what harm it would do so nice idea!

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#8 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 14:50

In Warcraft you have the option to freeze xp gain, but I think it's to facilitate some achievements. They have some achievements which require completing dungeons at-level, and so often you need to spend significant time gearing at certain level ranges to achieve them. I don't think people would like those kind of achievements in Eldevin very much ;p

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: