Photo

Housing, auction, crafting and more - all in one.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DungeonRider

DungeonRider

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:36

This is idea about how to implement all requested by players features

as one part blended together

and provide expandable system for future functionalities and features.

It includes (all in one) requested features / functionalities like :

housing, vending items, mailbox, resting area, private workshop, craft, exposing achivements, ect.

- Every player have his private instance which can be freely designed and decorated to become

player house / workshop / vending shop / resting area / achivements exposition room ect.

- Player may enter his house instance by teleport in every big city.

- Player may enter his house instantly from any place (and return to this place) with use of EP teleport gem.

- Player house is an instance where player may create fiew rooms (for workarea, bedroom, kitchen ect)

- Player may craft all decorative items which currently are found around eldevin in NPC houses,

and put in his house.

- Player may create workshop room and put there working tools like blacksmiths anvil ect ect.

- Player may create bedroom items like beds, chairs, tables ect and put it in his resting room.

- Own player house works like resting area (for donators)

- Achivements are trophy items that can be put on walls, tables ect to be exposed to visiting players.

Additional items (craftable) with special function for player house (not present currently in game) :

- craftable wardrobe, closet or similar, with function similar to bank NPC where player may store items.

- craftable mailbox, giving player ability to send / receive mails from other players

- craftable "shop sign" - when put in player room, this room is registered in list of global shops network.

- craftable vending shelves - can be put in players house 

(function of vending shelf - container where player may put items for sale (space expandable with bags))

Player house as shop function explanation :

- Player craft vending shelf,

- player put items for sale into vending shelf (vending shelf can use bag system to expand capacity)

- player create "shop sign"

- player place "shop sign" in his house room designated to be shop. (it is registered as shop now)

- Additional "shop network" NPC / portal located in all big cities.

- when used - player is transfered to other player house which is registered as shop,

- while in shop player may browse / buy, contents of vending shelves.

- to move to next registered shop, player click "next" button and is teleported to next player house (registered as shop)

- to leave "shop network" player click "quit shops" button.

- when player buy last item from vending shelf, this shop is automaticaly unregistered from shops list

Example of feature expansinbility in case of new features request :

- There is currently topic about highscore / leaderboard, which could show list of best players.

Implementation :

Create craftable leaderbord, which can be placed in player house,

functionality - when clicked then open windows with list of top players.

- There is currently topics about implementing mailbox.

Implementation :

Create craftable mailbox, which can be placed in player house,

functionality - when clicked open mailbox interface where player may send / receive mails

from other players who posses mailbox.

all these ways you can implement multiple, indefinite count of new features,

giving additional meaning to crafting, housing, developing, ect, without changing or trashing

main Eldevin world with mailboxes and other not invented yet, things and NPC's,

which are sometime not even related to any story.

Edited by BPlayer, 09 March 2014 - 12:15.

,      member of Valhalla guild      ,

#2 RoteZora

RoteZora

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 14:27

Heavens ! No other wishes :blink: ? Isn't a "workshop room" usually a guild's privilege ?

Teleporting home (max. once every hour) via a hearthstone would be great.

+ extra storage (which has to be earned first)

Some basic costumization of the room (like in Runes of Magic) would be nice.

But keep in mind: this is a f2p browser based game and it takes a lot of work to bring this about...

#3 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2014 - 14:33

This would be a Nightmare to code.. Sorry have to say no to a all in one set up....

#4 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2014 - 20:24

I think it's a nice list of suggestions that the devs could look at once they begin coding for player housing. I personally don't see any point in the craftable leaderboard and mailbox though other than for roleplay reasons?

Is this also a typo? Few or five since I don't believe that fiew is a word?

- Player house is an instance where player may create fiew rooms (for workarea, bedroom, kitchen ect) 

Edited by Rydner, 09 March 2014 - 20:25.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#5 DungeonRider

DungeonRider

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 21:46

(...) Isn't a "workshop room" usually a guild's privilege ?

Teleporting home (max. once every hour) via a hearthstone would be great.

+ extra storage (which has to be earned first)

Some basic costumization of the room (like in Runes of Magic) would be nice.

But keep in mind: this is a f2p browser based game and it takes a lot of work to bring this about...

I know that "wall of text is hard to read", but i tried to make it as simple as possible anyway.

QUOTE "workshop room" -

a room in player house, decorated with usable tools that normally are are seen around eldevin (eg. anvil)

QUOTE "Teleport home" -

It is not teleporting back to city but to (out of world area) private area instance. 

QUOTE "extra storage earned first" - 

ALL and ANY items in player house instance must be earned first (crafted by player)

some craftable furnitures (eg containers) can have limit "one item of this type per house",

it can be further expanded the same way like player inventory with bags / internal shelfs / ect

QUOTE "It takes a lot of work" -

all these items ARE allready created and you can see them everyday around eldevin.

This would be a Nightmare to code.. (...)

When one is tired or lazy, 4 lines of code can be nightmare, but then its time to change occuption to "night watchman". If you want to make a game, you must love it, be innovative and want to do it,

even at 3 am at night (especially at 3 am at night)

Actualy i am a coder and when i design something (this idea) i think "in coder way", therefore :

- all "objects" (and its functionality) are allready implemented / placed / seen around game world.

They can be reused the same way in any instance (eg. placed / arranged in player house by himself),

The only missing thing to code is "instance editor" accessible for player within his house, which would allow him to place and move around items that are in his possession (eg. to place anvil, he must first "virtually" craft it)

Dont even need to modify exsisting in world items, because can create "table" with all data used by "editor". (craftable (available to player) furniture items, resources needed, flag-allready crafted, position in instance) Virtually, all and any functional item can be reused / placed in player instance (house)

In short what must be coded is only

- Player instance house (which eldevin developers allready stated that they think about it)

- Editor of player house which enable certain furniture to be placed by player (i think its part of above)

- Table containing data of available to player (allready exsisting around game) items that can be crafted and placed there.

What it gives

- extensibility of game functions - any item with new functionality (eg. mailbox) can be added to "craftable furniture list",

then player may craft it, place in his house and access its function.

examples of adding new functionality to game throught functional items craftable by player used as player house furniture:

(eg. mailbox - onclick, popup window which allow to send / receive mails betwin players - currently requested feature!)

(eg. vending shelf - onclick, allow to place item for sale and set price,

onclick - allow to buy item that was set there by owner - currently requestsed feature as auction!)

(eg. leaderboard, highscoreboard ect, onclick - popup window with list (rankings) of best Eldevin heroes ect

- currently requested feature as highscore board!)

(and any other idea that was not yet requested but will be in future)

- maintain game stability, and game world integration as all features are not implemented in game world itself,

but are used in separated player house instance with his own interface / rules ect,

(while it may / should, reuse allready exsisting items interfaces, but do not require any changes in main game world)

i dont see any point in the craftable leaderboard and mailbox though other than for roleplay reasons?

you serious ? I know "wall of text is hard to read", ill save you from it and will type it again but very short.

- sending mails betwin players is currently requested feature.

You do not roleplay anything here, You craft mailbox, put it in your house, then click at it

and then mailbox window popup where you can send mails to your friends in game.

leaderboard is also currently requested feature. People want to be able to view list of best players on server.

Again, you craft leaderboard, put it in your house, then click it and window open with list of best players / heroes.

Any new function, no matter what it is, can be added this way easy.

...eh but i really always end up with wall of text which is hard to read at 3 am... sorry

Edited by BPlayer, 09 March 2014 - 22:02.

,      member of Valhalla guild      ,

#6 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2014 - 22:44

I think you have no Clue here just what they need to do... But is all good....

Better yet write the Code for this and send it in to HCS after you are 100% sure it works.... I think they woud like that a lot....

Edited by Shylark57, 09 March 2014 - 22:52.

#7 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:00

you serious ? I know "wall of text is hard to read", ill save you from it and will type it again but very short.

- sending mails betwin players is currently requested feature.

You do not roleplay anything here, You craft mailbox, put it in your house, then click at it

and then mailbox window popup where you can send mails to your friends in game.

leaderboard is also currently requested feature. People want to be able to view list of best players on server.

Again, you craft leaderboard, put it in your house, then click it and window open with list of best players / heroes.

Any new function, no matter what it is, can be added this way easy.

...eh but i really always end up with wall of text which is hard to read at 3 am... sorry

I actually did read your "wall of text". I don't see why there should be a craftable leader board or mailbox because I don't see a point in it other than for roleplay reasons.

If you want to see the leader boards then just open up another tab and look at it from the website. I don't see any reason for the devs to have to give us leader boards in game. For the mailbox, I feel that it'd be easier for the devs to just have a mailbox at specific locations in game or have it be an option from the game window.

Edited by Rydner, 10 March 2014 - 01:00.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: