17 replies to this topic

#1 lReaperl1l

lReaperl1l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 13:57

The new updates great but for fresh lvl 40s is hardwork getting any kind of TR run etc half of us are all running around in lvl 30 gear lol. These new areas are a nightmare even if the gear is'nt as good as the dungeon sets atleast we could survive some what! just an idea i think alot of people would agree on =)

#2 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2014 - 19:57

Lol stats will probably be the same as their dungeon counterpart. Until HCS breaks their stance on gem/random rolls being the main difference maker, new sets wont mean much. 

Edited by dragon1234, 14 April 2014 - 19:58.

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#3 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 20:30

Lol stats will probably be the same as their dungeon counterpart. Until HCS breaks their stance on gem/random rolls being the main difference maker, new sets wont mean much. 

well they could always do like i suggested..... to add veriety and other play styles instead of everyone being the same build same gear....

i'll repeat again here...

Dungeon sets = what we currently have.

Crafted sets = pvp type bonus's for set bonus (IE single target skill dmg boost/cd reductions, or % chance snare/stun fails or silence immunity... things like that)

World Boss sets = set bonus's the memic/boost the % chance skill effects that world boss loots currently have. (increase proc rate, increase dmg... things like that)

Random World drop sets = pve type boosts, bonus sets can equal things like movement speed increase, exp gain increase, or aoe spell type dmg boost....

then we have different sets all able to have same stats on individual pieces yet still be very different sets. so primarily solo players have a couple choices group players have a couple choices we would then see a lot more veriety in builds and gears worn

[Edit] sets could easily have tiered bonus's aswell (like most games) where you get bonus's based on number of pieces worn....

Example

World drop set (pve set) bonus's could be

2 pieces = 5% movement speed increase

3 pieces = 10% experience gain

5 pieces = 10% damage increase to all your aoe skills.

Then crafted set bonus's could be

2 pieces = 5% chance to dispell snare abilities when cast on you.

3 pieces = increase stun immunity by 10 seconds

5 pieces = Increase damage from all your single target skills by 20% 

then could wear ALL of one set and get all 3 bonus's OR wear 2 of one set and 3 of another and mix the set bonus's like 2 world drop set and 3 crafted set would then give

5% move speed increase (2 piece of world drop set)

5% chance to dispell snare abilities when cast on you (2 piece of crafted set)

increase stun immunity by 10 seconds (3 piece of crafted set)

Edited by awollsd, 14 April 2014 - 20:37.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#4 lReaperl1l

lReaperl1l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:36

Couldnt agree more with that give us more of a variety! Zargon has posted something in these forums for single/duo dungeons alot of ppl are voting yes to it! http://forums.hunted...showtopic=64063

Btw signing up on the seraphim website! =)

#5 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:50

Couldnt agree more with that give us more of a variety! Zargon has posted something in these forums for single/duo dungeons alot of ppl are voting yes to it! http://forums.hunted...showtopic=64063

Btw signing up on the seraphim website! =)

I will most surelly as yesterday be running TR, there is always ppl helping up.

About duo/solo plz dont bring that up again its IMHO not the greatest idea around.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#6 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 14:15

I will most surelly as yesterday be running TR, there is always ppl helping up.

About duo/solo plz dont bring that up again its IMHO not the greatest idea around.

Well, that's what I've tried to show them, but they won't listen,

BTW crafted sets could be i.e. 7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47.

For heavy sets, use the technique used to make sword of Othalo: make layer over layer, forge it again and again and slowly use more and more bars. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#7 lReaperl1l

lReaperl1l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 15:44

Yeah good idea Ejk. Yah its nice your willing to help ppl new to 40 wanting TR but its still hard work actually getting a group for it. If it was a bad idea 70% ppl wouldn't vote yes for it. 

#8 lReaperl1l

lReaperl1l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 15:48

Think having craftable sets is better tho for our little crafters out there that arnt into dungeons full stop

#9 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2014 - 23:13

No most of the reason people are voting yes is to make the game too easy,they aren't actually thinking about the effect it has on the game and individual classes other then their own,Solo and duo instances that give any rewards like what is rewarded in tr or such would kill this game as a MMO,also if crafted sets were to be anywhere near the same as the dungeon gears then you are still killing half the game... no one would run the dungeons if you could just craft the sets in general which then kills the pve group which is a lot bigger then just the skiller styled group.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#10 lReaperl1l

lReaperl1l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 00:33

Get what your saying mate but your just 1 person against a community of people

imo all this hassle could probably be solved with a decent lfg system no one wants to spam away at chat finding groups :P 

btw how come theres a lvl 30 set? but for no other levels? 

#11 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:01

No most of the reason people are voting yes is to make the game too easy,they aren't actually thinking about the effect it has on the game and individual classes other then their own,Solo and duo instances that give any rewards like what is rewarded in tr or such would kill this game as a MMO,also if crafted sets were to be anywhere near the same as the dungeon gears then you are still killing half the game... no one would run the dungeons if you could just craft the sets in general which then kills the pve group which is a lot bigger then just the skiller styled group.

aslong as the sets are different then people will still desire the current ones....  we NEED reasons for crafting we NEED veriety..   if the sets are the same then yes i totaly agree its a horrible idea but aslong as there is differences i see no problem and only benefits 

like for my examples (and it doesn't even have to be them they was just general examples it could be changed to anything else)   why would a dungeon player want a crafted set if the crafted set bonus is to help you deal with snares or silences....  perhaps the tank but in most cases the boosted stats from the current dungeon sets would be better = dungeon crawlers like me still go for the dungeon sets.....  at same time why would pvp players want exp boosts like on the random world drop suggestion they would go for the crafted set.... its veriety give something for each players play style not force people into doing one thing and force everyone into wearing the same gear or same toons...

Get what your saying mate but your just 1 person against a community of people

imo all this hassle could probably be solved with a decent lfg system no one wants to spam away at chat finding groups :P

btw how come theres a lvl 30 set? but for no other levels? 

there is a lvl 30 set because there is no level 30 dungeon... also if you look the level 30 set is optional you can get it or go for the 35 set which i assume is the reason the sets are the same (Except a bit of armor) so players have a choice here... which is how it should be though with more differences in the sets so that it is a REAL choice that has to be made.

Edited by awollsd, 16 April 2014 - 01:02.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#12 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:15

OH!!! in fact i really would rather them also do another of my suggestions and change up the atributes and use that to also further seperate that different sets.....

(as i said when i suggested this...)

Currently 

Vit = max health, health regen

Energy = max mana, mana regen

Focus = Crit rate

Melee = Melee attack power, melee dodge, and melee haste....

Ranged = Ranged attack power, ranged dodge, and ranged haste...

Sorce = Spell attack power, spell dodge, and spell haste...

HCS increased all skill costs to try to force us into speccing into energy atributes...  and 1st it had no effect its still better to spec into your main class atrib... and 2nd why the need to FORCE people to do it.. instead change thigns around so they will choose to do it (or wont... up to them) 

So change it to something like

Vit = Max health, health regen, Armor bonus (would need to adjust armor gotten from equips)

Focus = Crit ratting, dodge ratting

Energy = Max Mana, Mana regen, And haste ratting

Melee = Melee attack power

Ranged = Ranged attack power

Sorc = Spell attack power

Would need to convert the amount of haste/dodge you get from atributes back to (atleast something close) what we had before the nerf... 

But then these different sets could also have different atribute focus's aswell as the different set bonus's. you building a haste build you'ld want the set that is focusing on energy boosts want hard hits you'ld want the set focusing on your class atrib  stacking dodge you'ld want one focusing on focus atrib......

or you can mix your gear and build and go for (more) hybrids....

#13 LittleJack

LittleJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:30

I totally agree with awol in this. I voted yes in the other thread because the lack of sets, not for an easy time levelling. Trying out new sets and builds is the most fun part in this game.

#14 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:42

Trying out new sets?? But there is only set per class per five levels. Nothing to try out :(

Lets assume that everyone get the to level 50 and get the dungeon set. Then every warrior, mage, templar will look the same?? yeah right...

#15 LittleJack

LittleJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 16 April 2014 - 13:08

But hopefully that will change so that you do have new craftable sets to try out. And keep a set for each class, mage in the morning and warrior in the evening  :) .. If you want to spend EP on respec thas is..

#16 lReaperl1l

lReaperl1l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2014 - 13:13

So biggest question of all time do the staff even view all of your suggestions or is it just us players rambling in the forums :P

#17 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 April 2014 - 17:44

well they could always do like i suggested..... to add veriety and other play styles instead of everyone being the same build same gear....

They could, but there have been suggestions about variation in stats since the start of open beta last year...Maybe even before that, I don't know though since I didn't get to play closed beta. I hope they do though, it would be cool and open up more talent builds. 

So biggest question of all time do the staff even view all of your suggestions or is it just us players rambling in the forums :P

HCS are excellent at taking feedback/suggestions from the forums. A lot of stuff in FS were things suggested in the forum. 

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#18 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:08

They could, but there have been suggestions about variation in stats since the start of open beta last year...Maybe even before that, I don't know though since I didn't get to play closed beta. I hope they do though, it would be cool and open up more talent builds. 

HCS are excellent at taking feedback/suggestions from the forums. A lot of stuff in FS were things suggested in the forum. 

yeah i have been talking about it since closed beta.

and about HCS listening.... in all honesty mate they do ok... but for a long time now it seems they only listen/concider a very select few players comments......  they have made SEVERAL changes that has hurt the game and all players was against and there was these select few players for the changes so what happened.....  the (loud agressive) few got their way

i keep on speaking my opinions and offer my suggestions hoping this changes....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: