• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 21:53

weapon + boots

weapon 70 atk 30 def

Boots 30 atk 70 def

set bonus 30 atk 70 def

Standard enhancements, asking for MI or other uncommon ones will just make those enhancements mediocre too. 

There is a great lack of set items with DEF based stats in this range. Theres a huge lack of set based items in weapon/boots slots :)

Ripple asked for this in 225

225 armor and shield or armor and boots.

30 atk 70 armor

RA and nulliy for enhancements

#42 StAyFaDeD

StAyFaDeD

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 22:09

Lvl: 225

Stats: Att/ Def~60/40

Enhancements: First strike, Fury caster, Protect gold

there needs to be more variety of pvp sets in this level  range, everybody has the same gear and its all based on the buffs you have :)

#43 Coatzin

Coatzin

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 22:20

Level: 1500
Items: Armor and Rune
Stats: Arm/Dam, 70/30
Enhancements: PvP enhancements

Level: 1650
Items: Gloves and Helm
Stats: Atk/Dam, 40/60
Enhancements: Leveling enhancements

Level: 1800
Items: Shield and Rune OR Shield and boots
Stats: Def/Dam, 30/70
Enhancements: Leveling enhancements

#44 iTzBiLL

iTzBiLL

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 23:26

845 + 915: I really like the idea of a Weapon/Ring combo.  I'd go with Attack60/Defense40 or Defense 70/Damage 30.

15: The Exalted set had a pretty tight grip on this range, with few options to make up the short ground. Should this set play into the EE set or against it? Max defense at that level is above 500, so if you want some form of Attack or Armor, its gonna have to be BEAST. This is a tricky one as there isn't much to play with (in terms of competitive sets) at very low levels.

As for Enhancements... ahh, go to town, put 'em all on there!

BiLL2.png

#45 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 23:28

level:15

Stats: attack/damage 80/20

helm/armor

level:115

stats: attack/armor 60/40

ring/amulet

level:225

stats: damage/armor 70/30

ring/boots

level: 340

stats: attack/armor 60/40

boots/armor

level: 415

stats: attack/damage 30/70

helm/gloves

level: 535 attack/defense 50/50

armor/shield

level: 665

stats: attack/armor 40/60

helm/boots

level:770

stats: attack/armor 50/50

gloves/amulet

level:845

stats:attack/defense 20/80

gloves/amulet

level: 915

stats: attack/armor 30/70

weapon/armor

level: 1025

stats: attack/defense 40/60

shield,rune

Level:1120 

stats : attack/armor 75/25

Shield/rune

I just suggested leveled available in arena since i have some knowledge about it

Edited by shindrak, 04 December 2013 - 23:28.

#46 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 00:10

Id like to see some high level damage sets different from usual dmg/atk sets, a couple of dmg/def or dmg/arm sets, even if they break current sets would be nice (just to change set up from time to time, i used the same set up for 200 level, time for a change)

#47 pedroevan

pedroevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:15

665 - gloves and amulet

dmg and atack 70/30

enhancements

Dodge and first strike

#48 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:47

It has been said many times that the best way to bring interest to bring uniqueness to new gear. ie combining epics for better epics or having legendary/epic items that when equipped grant a buff that would be useful such as deflect / lightfoot 200. Although I dont expect to see anything exciting from some "basic" legendary items.

Legendary gear comes from different origins. The ones that comes from legendary drops from the map are grossly overpowered for the ease in which they are acquired. Please keep this in mind when creating this gear. Items that take 50 fsp worth of scavenging or requires multiple arena components should be vastly more powerful and useful than the previously mentioned method.

Without reading any other suggestions I think HCS needs to look at broader uses of gear instead of just listening to the most players say damage because most people want easier no-thought hunts (already the case below 1400 with smashing hammer etc). Or armor,def because they want pvp gear. Please keep in mind that somebody is always going to want another set to combine to make their current set more powerful, this dosent change much if one pvper is going to buy the set ... to make items have value you want all different levels of people buying sets for arena.

I think the best, long term use of gear is having use in arena. It is really a shame that arena has not been worked on in a long time because I think this is the strongest driving force of keeping the game economy from declining. With that being said, arena sets are stagnate, the current system really only encourages 1 or 2 set types depending on gear available at any given level .... the old arena encouraged many more sets. I made a thread a while back that suggested to simply integrate the current system to have both the new and old ... bringing more value to more gear: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58838 .

With all that being said, here are some generic responses to gear that would encourage variation in arena:

15: Overcrowded defense / damage sets. Balance with atk / armor or high attk /low def.

115: 115 epic tourney is a "win" with all epics ... although I feel this is justified. Something new that would be "required" to win these tourneys (armor / damage - best replacement would be on low level epics krumper / lestus or bothild set). Otherwise, these levels are littered with atk def sets for non epic... counter with atk armor.

225: These levels are painful with night branch and fushi, every1 runs same thing, counter with atk/armor or atk/dmg <- this really needs to happen

340: These levels are pretty good in arena: maybe another atk / def or atk/dmg

415: Too much atk on these levels. Balance with atk/def or def/dmg

535: Painful painful stale levels in arena. Wayyy  to much armor sets. Counter with atk/high def. Or def/dmg

665: Too much atk on these levels. Balance with atk/def or def/dmg, or armor/dmg

770: Same as above

845+ Gear starts to become overpowered in arena. The flaw is in the way the arena functions. Everybody is going to keep running the same thing so make whatever people want. I would ask for minimal damage sets as hunting is far to easy, as is.

Ignoring these attempts to balance arena, the most important thing to consider is you dont want to be in a scenario where we have tons of sets that are the same stats near the same level that "fit together".  This is what people will ask for, but this will just lead to everybody using the same thing in pvp and arena. Create variety!

(If HCS reads this thread I would ask you skim over the thread I pasted before , I think it has some good ideas)

Edited by Placeboo, 05 December 2013 - 02:53.

#49 Matetuer

Matetuer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:02

Between levels 750 and 1390, there's no set "Ring/Amulet/Rune".

So i'd say,

Ring, Amulet and Rune level: 1100

Attack/Hp or Attack/Armor

#50 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:15

lvl 770- weapon,Armor,ring

attck/defense>>70/30

#51 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:18

Bring Back Negative Stats that can be erased via crafting ala Ragg ammy. I dont think I have seen a negative stat item above lv 300. Would allow items to have multiple uses. Also maybe some new items that may have negative enhancement or something.

Something like lv 115 could have dam/arm/HP with HP being negative, with a range from -10 to 10. This mean that someone using it can go max dam/arm at a specific craft or go for perfect and have all 3 stat maxed. Would bring a variety to the arena and maybe other aspects of the games. 

Could work with higher level items if the range of the negative is big, while the improvement on the other stats are small. Say something like lv 665 could have dam/arm with the range of dam between -50-150 while the range of armor could be 650-675 or something like that.

Edited by dragon1234, 05 December 2013 - 03:19.

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#52 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:22

lvl 225 - weapon/rune 60/40 def/att thievery/mt/dodge

lvl 340- helmet/ammy 70/30 def/att thievery/dodge/reinforced armor

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#53 Raser

Raser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:28

Lvl 1800

DMG (70) - ATT (30)

Gloves and helmet

#54 yadiday

yadiday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:51

I would like the level 1800 set to be Gloves/Helm Dam/Att. 70/30 ratio.  Still using santork set from level 1000 while hunting at 1850.

Can you post your leveling setup gear ?

for my level i use :

1500 shroud helm + glvs

1600 pounamu amulet+weapon

1550 griffs armor+ring

1310 kellos shield + rune

1460 kummars boots

13:52 21/Jun/2013 You have just been awarded a Silver Fragmenter medal!

#55 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:07

The whole idea, while intriguing, is a bit worrisome to me.  The game isn't supposed to be be too easy, and more gear, and more   Legendaries push it in that direction. If you're going to introduce new critters, retire some old ones, or else we won't be able to turn around without bumping into some monster or other.  It also has the positive benefit of making some of the existing gear become really desirable, since there won't be anymore of it.  I'll appeal to the cows love of fsp here:  In advance, announce that certain legendaries will be retired, just don't name them.  All that gear now becomes stored (or used) resulting in more backpack space being needed, more store space being needed, and more fsp spent as a result. :D

As far as stats go, how about adding a few minus' in there?  Really good armor rating, but a  minus 30 on defense.  This might not work on all levels, but it's a thought.

#56 perliak

perliak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Spain

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:09

Can you post your leveling setup gear ?

for my level i use :

1500 shroud helm + glvs

1550 griffs armor+ring

1310 kellos shield + rune

1460 kummars boots

1000 fiery santork war helm+gloves

1264 liano rune

1460 kummars boots+shield

1550 griffs armor+ring

:P

#57 Vani0k

Vani0k

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:38

i'd preffer some sets to replace crystaline sets :) that would be nice ;))

#58 iTzBiLL

iTzBiLL

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 14:38

Bring Back Negative Stats that can be erased via crafting

I was always a sucker for arena crafted items.... yes DO THIS!!

It has been said many times that the best way to bring interest to bring uniqueness to new gear. ie combining epics for better epics or having legendary/epic items that when equipped grant a buff that would be useful such as deflect / lightfoot 200. Although I dont expect to see anything exciting from some "basic" legendary items.

Legendary gear comes from different origins. The ones that comes from legendary drops from the map are grossly overpowered for the ease in which they are acquired. Please keep this in mind when creating this gear. Items that take 50 fsp worth of scavenging or requires multiple arena components should be vastly more powerful and useful than the previously mentioned method.

Well Said

Ignoring these attempts to balance arena, the most important thing to consider is you dont want to be in a scenario where we have tons of sets that are the same stats near the same level that "fit together".  This is what people will ask for, but this will just lead to everybody using the same thing in pvp and arena. Create variety!

(If HCS reads this thread I would ask you skim over the thread I pasted before , I think it has some good ideas)

Lets be creative HCS, rather than bend over for the highest bidder.... Y'all still have creativity over the pond there right?

I love the arena and more gear to collect means more challenge in the arena. Please make the new gear valuable and difficult to get/obtain/keep. I want to have to work my arse off to get it or invent it. There should also be a page long list of arena resources (those on rotation and off rotation : MORE ARENA RESOURCES with longer rotation times that spawn less frequently.) required to invent/craft it. Have it all tie in with PvP tokens and stuff too! :D

BiLL2.png

#59 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:43

Level : 1500
Stats : Dam/Att - 70/30.
Enhancements : Sustain, Fury Caster, Master Inventor, Master Crafter, First Strike
Items : Weapon, Rune

(The reason for this is the other good set of those items at that level is Crystalline.)

Thanks for allowing us to give input on these new sets. :)

#60 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:49

Make them be recipes using items in game.

HINT: SE items are worth nothing right now..

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: