• This topic is locked This topic is locked
403 replies to this topic

#381 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 16:25

i would like to have auto hunt too seems everyone wants everything done for them so might as well get auto hunt jk . how about getting rid of auto fresh i dislike when im looking for buffer and find someone they are on auto refresh

#382 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 16:43

i would like to have auto hunt too seems everyone wants everything done for them so might as well get auto hunt jk . how about getting rid of auto fresh i dislike when im looking for buffer and find someone they are on auto refresh

this is a browser add-on/extension.. no way for HCS to stop it

#383 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 16:52

When I started this game there was a box top right titled 'Need Help' (or similar) with links to the wiki -- I think we lost this with the new map (?).

Just reintroduce this (including UFSG link) with a check box in preferences to hide it for the more experienced players.

Good idea :)

#384 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 16:53

would like to see different achievement medals for guild vs guild,  we have medals for just about everything else, why not gvg, i know i am not alone in wanting this,,,   im still old school gvg fan but new team style is fun too, why not reward those who actually do guild versus guild, instead of having to just keep it in our bio as a reminder,,,lol

Sure :)

#385 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 16:54

I'll try to break down into steps to try make it a bit clearer.

1) Modify the way the bio works so that Buffs can be listed there (drawing straight from your skills page) and have a check box available on your bio with the price in gold or FS next to them. You would have the ability to choose the buffs you want to list.

1A) alternatively you could have a separate area on the profile page for Buffs to be listed if you didn't want to mangle the bio.

2) There would be the ability to sell buff packs. These can be defined in 1/1A.

3) There would be a link people can click from the actions menu for a Buff Marketplace. This would load a page where you can search for specific buffs and have the green light next to people who are online currently in the results. Results would include buff prices (set by 1/1A)

4) [optional] There could be a feature for secure trading of buffs. It's something people have asked for occasionally.

Players(buyer AND seller) would need to be online to complete the transaction. otherwise

people could sit on chat or auto refresh and roll in the purples.

Ok yeah that makes sense :)

#386 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 17:53

I don't agree with the previous guys 80% inactive, but, on the same token, I don't think I'd agree with your definition either.

There's a LOT of guilds holding LONG-TERM inactive players as mules and because of their contributed XP - maybe if a guild has more than 40%-50% inactives then it should no longer show ?

Hoof could just add a 3rd listing to the guild top 250 ? - Already we have listings by "ACTUAL GUILD XP" and "LOCKED GUILD XP" - maybe add "%age ACTIVE" or some other wording.

The top guild listings, whilst historically accurate, don't necessarily reflect a true picture of the top guilds in all cases...

Actually, I think there are a lot of guilds holding long-term inactives because of their backpacks.

If the issue is inactive GXP, then just calculate the GXP for all guilds on the basis of active players only. I'd be perfectly happy with that. Or modify it to include a decaying fraction of inactives. But don't make guilds invisible based on their desire to make long-term friends welcome should they revisit the game.

#387 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 17:56

if are more cretures on the same  map  can we chose what we can kill and not......maybe stats are different from creature to another  and my set up cant kill both

People keep on coming up with great ideas that I have forgotten were only part of FSH. The "do not kill" function is a must

I read the comment about just choosing which keys to press, but (i) in some realms the two different creatures have VERY similar names, (ii) the creature lists still keep rearranging randomly, and (iii) the network latency not infrequently means the creature you think you are attacking is not the one you actually attacked. So this sort of safeguard is valuable

Edited by rowbeth, 07 October 2013 - 18:04.

#388 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 18:41

a confirmation window when deleting combat sets

#389 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:28

I don't agree with the previous guys 80% inactive, but, on the same token, I don't think I'd agree with your definition either.

There's a LOT of guilds holding LONG-TERM inactive players as mules and because of their contributed XP - maybe if a guild has more than 40%-50% inactives then it should no longer show ?

Hoof could just add a 3rd listing to the guild top 250 ? - Already we have listings by "ACTUAL GUILD XP" and "LOCKED GUILD XP" - maybe add "%age ACTIVE" or some other wording.

The top guild listings, whilst historically accurate, don't necessarily reflect a true picture of the top guilds in all cases...

what if once an account goes purple... the contributed xp doesn't count towards the guild xp.  should they come on it automatically reverts back to the guild, but as long as they are inactive it doesn't count towards contributed xp

#390 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:30

a new player list on the right hand side would be nice ;)

#391 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:34

agreed, I haven't looked hard, but when I'm in recuriting moods, the top new player list seems hard to find.  I usually end up keeping the log in screen in another tab to do this.  maybe add top 100 of players joined in the last 30 days as a list?

#392 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 20:15

Actually, I think there are a lot of guilds holding long-term inactives because of their backpacks.

If the issue is inactive GXP, then just calculate the GXP for all guilds on the basis of active players only. I'd be perfectly happy with that. Or modify it to include a decaying fraction of inactives. But don't make guilds invisible based on their desire to make long-term friends welcome should they revisit the game.

I must have been having some sort of "moment" yesterday, 'cos that's actually what I meant (in my head at least) - do a top 250 guilds based upon ACTIVE players GXP - if a player resumes the game, then of course his GXP counts again ..

It'd be kinda interesting to see how many guilds would shift positions dramatically :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#393 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 21:02

I must have been having some sort of "moment" yesterday, 'cos that's actually what I meant (in my head at least) - do a top 250 guilds based upon ACTIVE players GXP - if a player resumes the game, then of course his GXP counts again ..

It'd be kinda interesting to see how many guilds would shift positions dramatically :)

Could be your "moment" - or me being  :wub: . Either way, it would be an interesting measure.

#394 Aboalarab

Aboalarab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 21:15

there is another thing u might be able to add, its cool i think most players would like it . its when we buy an item in AH along with the message

" You have won the action for the item Pharaohs Scarab Linen. this item will now available for the nest 24 hours in yout item mailbox "

u can add an extra , saying how much it costed you like "  You have won the action for the item Pharaohs Scarab Linen.,,,,,,,( WICH COST YOU 10 FSPs ) ,,,,,this item will now available for the nest 24 hours in yout item mailbox "

that would be great , thanks :D

#395 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 21:31

there is another thing u might be able to add, its cool i think most players would like it . its when we buy an item in AH along with the message

" You have won the action for the item Pharaohs Scarab Linen. this item will now available for the nest 24 hours in yout item mailbox "

u can add an extra , saying how much it costed you like "  You have won the action for the item Pharaohs Scarab Linen.,,,,,,,( WICH COST YOU 10 FSPs ) ,,,,,this item will now available for the nest 24 hours in yout item mailbox "

that would be great , thanks :D

I actually like that - and you could extend it too, so that if you didn't win the auction, the message could be "your bid was unsuccessful, the item sold for "x" amount" ?

Edited by Pardoux, 07 October 2013 - 21:32.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#396 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 22:51

Apologies for not posting up the poll today, however I'm still working my way through the thread. Should definitely have the poll up tomorrow :D

#397 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2013 - 23:53

We could change all the top rated lists to exclude inactive accounts :)

+1 The Killstreak list is no longer relavent mind. Not sure how to suggest changing it, especially since not all on it are "hunting rats" at the higher end of it either... It's just really STALE.

We can't do this, but we can add more Loyalty rewards. Why not suggest some new rewards you would like to see added? :)

AL/LIB/CON potions capped at a MAX LEVEL to encourage newer players to think they can reach EOC... Though personally I think changes need to be made to how VL works, that's another story though.

Both these would be ok to change :)

^ In regards to Animated avis (bio growth)... I'm inclined to like this. Just wondering if some will complain that it is effecting the up/down rate of their connection. Though we won't be as adversely effected as a hefty plurality of animated avatars out there are on inactive users and won't use the additional allocated capacity on the servers.

Bios going to 200 upgrade slots? Would have possibly allowed a good friend to stay with us at SA to help give good info/etc to new players, and the nearest pasta bars. Would be a nice thing to add in next update to clear some of that excess FSP floating in 4-5 digit sums thesedays a tad.

We could keep the existing guild chat interface as a sort of archive (so you could read over what you've missed) and also add the new chat interface for it so its better for chatting with online guild members :)

As long as I can see what was said and bust out laughing as if I was on the 14-18 hours a day before classes started up again I'm game for this.

i personally wouldn't like this.. would just clog up an already poorly organized Log

Maybe a preference checkbox to toggle it off?

Would anyone else like us to change how the Diamond Medals look?

Yes. I don't know why, it seems a bit lacking to be honest. Maybe have our British Dentist give it a spin? (Spinners? The first animated medals?!?)

I have a suggestion for the PvP Ladder system. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but as well know, items invented from ladder tokens are next to worthless these days. I remember the gold old days when I could sell a Sekhs set for a good 100 fsp and feel good about it. Nowadays I'll be lucky to get even 15 fsp for the set. 

That being said, I suggest that there be a special reward for players who consistently win 1st place on their ladder. For example, if I won 1st place 3 days in a row, I get some extra special reward (not a regular old token). If I won 4-5-6-7 days in a row, then your reward would increase either in number or value of the reward. The idea would be that these "extra" special rewards would be used to invent much more powerful items (maybe even epics). 

Also I believe that this would discourage people from "trading" off wins on the ladder (I KNOW this has been brought up many times). Instead of trading 1st place, people would be encouraged to actually try to win on the ladder. Plus this will definitely get more people interested in the PvP Ladder.

Let me know what you think and if you like this idea, be sure to give it a thumbs up ^__^

(I was going to rant about potential abuse, but I think that obvious to anyone once the terms PvP Ladder and Epics (likely new and very fancy via price tag ones) get thrown around.) (I literally almost got on another rant about this citing the first one... I will refrain from commenting on it further aside from saying "liquidity = win").

Item compare doesn't work in the Auction House (at least for me). Would be nice to have that added :)

Agreed 100% It would be a REALLY useful thing to have when looking at Rare/Common/Unique pieces in the AH to compare/contrast when a lot of people are likely looking for a good offline setup on an affordable budget.

***Spoiler tags for the guild forums so some of us can cut down on elaborations when we tl;dr on forum posts.... as I just have...

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#398 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:41

In my experience, trying to timetable content causes a lot more trouble than it fixes.

Sigh.

I'll admit to not recalling when it was previously timetabled, and what trouble that caused, but all I was asking for was one release a calendar month. If that is causing more trouble than it fixes then "Elgin, we have a problem. BEEEP."

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#399 999531

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:27

There should be a little bar on the side, so even when you're hunting, titan hunting, PVPing, you can see how far along your compositing potions are coming =)

#400 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:15

I was asking for one release a calendar month.

That's something I want to get ourselves back to for sure at a minimum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: