Photo

This game was so fun

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:25

I always come back to this site every few months to see how it's going. Remembering the good days when I first found the game and how fun it was. There are always still a few players on and it makes me happy to see that.

I really did have a great time on here. I really only played runescape as an MMO, and so this was a really fun and new experience to have. The combat was amazing, team work to do dungeons was so exciting, and skilling was always a grind (just the way I like it).

Crazy to think how much time has passed since we were all excited for the steam launch and how the game would blow up in popularity. It did happen for a bit, but obviously not as we hoped. I see the developers have moved on and so this game might not get a 2nd wave, but one can hope.

#2 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 15:26

there are youtube videos about eldevin. one, two players playing hide and seek. two, a player gets full armor early bypasses city and start attacking major creatures - city route would slowly build character.

#3 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 January 2021 - 13:35

I've played many MMO's but always come back to this one, played in beta and still playing now, met many a nice player and a few (_,_),s but the latter never seem to last long :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#4 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 14:35

I agree, there is just something about this game that always draws you back to it or for some to at least see how its been doing.

The outcome of the game could of been a lot different if the devs continue with updates that were at least 1 or 2 a yr, that would of held ppl around and at least give them the reason to stay around. Plus with the way some ppl's support tickets were being handle that didn't help the cause either.

The game is still fun to play and there are still enough ppl to make it interesting.

R.I.P Ichiko my beautiful, sweet rabbit  :(

#5 Ultimate

Ultimate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 16:42

I really liked RuneScape Classic and all that so I know what you mean.. Old School RuneScape changed a little but it didn't ruin the game completely.. RuneScape 3 changed so much that if I wanted to play a game with better graphics I'd just play a WOW clone or Guild Wars or something..

So I come back to Eldevin every now and then..

TBH in terms of the click and point games.. there's not much to choose from.. there's Albion Online.. Eldevin and Guild Wars 1.. and maybe something like Old School RuneScape.. the ones that are any good anyway.. there are some worse ones out there..

This is just a suggestion.. I know "repairing items" is a thing in modern gaming nowadays.. but if you removed a couple of things like repairing armor & weapons and the curse of death.. which is just annoying.. you could get some new players..

I've been kinda waiting for RuneScape Remastered.. but no luck there.. and I've been playing Albion Online a lot of the time..

#6 xXxMomoxXx

xXxMomoxXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:20

This is just a suggestion.. I know "repairing items" is a thing in modern gaming nowadays.. but if you removed a couple of things like repairing armor & weapons and the curse of death.. which is just annoying.. you could get some new players..

How could you say we lose some players because of repairs and death doors?

lolololol

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

[Tool]Talent Planner

More stuff on my 'about me'.

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

#7 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:59

How could you say we lose some players because of repairs and death doors?

lolololol

good point momo, repair cost at that level is probably a couple of bronze/silver maybe even gold, and doing the res quest stops deaths door, which costs very little to remove anyway :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#8 Ultimate

Ultimate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:51

It's not that it's cheap or not cheap.. in Guild Wars 2 it's free.. but you still have to do it..

It's more annoying etc.. I'd just prefer a more classic style..

I don't mind things as revenue stream for the game.. I just don't like things that what I find annoying..

In Albion Online they kinda go overboard with how much it costs to repair.. I don't mind that.. the company has to make money.. it's just the annoyance.. that if it were up to me.. I'd remove it etc..

#9 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:36

Yeah it was lots of fun! Look back on it from time to time with many fond memories.

I just tried to login, but the Java/Security/Hassle locked me out... although it still lets me post here  :ph34r:

Hope you are all well, maybe I will come back and say hi if I can login!

p.s. Zook says hello too  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#10 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:52

well some of the old notices are still there...

https://i.ibb.co/xqs7Yjj/eldevin.png

Edited by sareth, 18 April 2021 - 10:56.

#11 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 19:53

yes was good time :)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: