Photo

FREE: Eldevin Points!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#61 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:31

Yep i strongly agree that The ep from free offers should be bound . As many have said we can trade them using items such as repair kits .

So what if they do it like this - What ever item u buy it from the shop is tagged as "bound " as u bought it from bound ep . So now u no longer can trade it .

And in my area the offers are just BS :P Surveys just want me to be a resident of eu / us . Free offers give me less than 10 ep . Only 2 or 3 videos and it gives me 1-2 ep .

I tried to use a proxy to avail the offers of us and eu , but got banned from trailpay and tokenads bcos using a proxy is against their rules :P So there is actually a difference btwen players from mainly us and europe vs rst of the world . 

And i agree with neon :)

so only people who PAY can get repair kits? only people who PAY can get exp pots? only people who PAY can get backpacks/sacks?

you think both EP and items from the shop purchased with EP should be bound so non paying players can never get them?

hhhmmmm

*smh*

oh wait there's a solution.....  remove all those items from the shop, make it so there is NOTHING besides vanity able to purchased with ep....  but then... wait crap forgot the game needs funds to exist

EP being able to be sold aswell as the items gotten from EP able to be sold allows people who cant pay to purchase them with in game currancy it allows these items to be sold without making the game pay to win and it creates a HIGHER DEMAND FOR EP which helps drive the market in game aswell as allows HCS to make enough off these mediocre items in the shop without having to add ALL MIGHT P2W equips or PAYED ONLY CONTENT

both of which are horrible idea's one makes the game 100% pay to win and the other makes it pay to play....

Edited by awollsd, 18 May 2014 - 04:34.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#62 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:58

so only people who PAY can get repair kits? only people who PAY can get exp pots? only people who PAY can get backpacks/sacks?

you think both EP and items from the shop purchased with EP should be bound so non paying players can never get them?

hhhmmmm

You always jump to conclusions do u ? :P You misunderstood wat i said . 

What i said was - 1> Make the ep u get from offers as bound .

2> This bound ep can be used to to buy any item from the shop but tag it as bound .

Why this ? Because lets assume that they make ep from offers bound , still u can trade it using commodities such as repair kits which affects economy .

If 2 is implemented they wont affect the economy .

ATM , players from some country can easily gain 1 k + ep from offers and it is looking little unbalanced , they can buy rems ,flakes , gems etc with just doing the free offers . Making it only bound wont stop it as they can trade commodities .

So i said the idea no 2.

Still the non playing players can get repair kits from the unbound ep just as they were used to just before this free ep was introduced . At present free ep is destroying the economy and creating a difference .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#63 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:04

The point of bound EP which I was making was kind of referring to a previous suggestion of mine/ a few others regarding a rework on the shop to coincide with EP becoming bound. Which would make the game seem and turn out not "p2w".

Of course I can't go in depth on this though since my time would be wasted and you guys don't seem to like the things I've recently been pointing out.

In the end I know this won't change, which is a shame because it's such great potential going to waste.

in these previous suggestion's you have said repeatidly about ALL EP being bound aswell as talked about supporter only zones and dungeons

then in this post you say "EP being bound"  not "ep from offers"  or any veriant  for us to know that THIS TIME you meant specificly sponcered offers EP

so if i missunderstood this one post then i'm sorry :)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#64 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:58

I really haven't noticed any inpact on the economy. I have only seen 2 players sell their EP for less than 1:2, and it was gobbled up by the 1% of the top 1% of the player base; the ones that already have all of the cash flow anyway. Gem prices have not dropped at all to compensate for the new inflow. People still sell Crystal Remnants for 50ep instead of demanding 70 or 80ep.

I agree that if they bought sacks it would only cause a dip in the sack market, and only temporarily. Creating the extra step towards bound would probably give some more incentive to just spend it on themselves. However, most of the decent offers either don't register at all, or disqualify you when you are 90% done with them, or require you to spend cash. Why would I spend cash on something I don't need to earn less in game than if I had just spent it there?

I wasn't interested in any offer that required me to input a credit card. Without a credit card, I have probably only made 100 ep at most. Given the time spent with the marketing schemes and deception going on in these sights, I could have made more ep grinding in game for 3 hours.

I would highly recommend skipping the offers that ask for installing software. Even if those offers are virus free, which I am not sure of, they will most definitely fill your computer with ad-ware, which is it's own form of virus, and should be unethical enough to not be promoted by HC, especially considering that there are kids playing this game, and wouldn't know any better.

If you are in a country that you can't do this, you are not missing anything. Well, maybe 30ep for the 1ep videos. Don't worry about it. It just seems like a desperate waste of time.

I hope my criticism isn't too critical that I get deleted again. I'm only trying to save people their time and frustration. I am the type that believes that criticism is how consumers protect their investments, and initiate positive changes in products that they have not totally given up on.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#65 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:01

I have to admit I am bit weary and skeptical about these offers.  :huh:

that said I gave in and tried.  :rolleyes:

I don't do survey's because they ask too many questions I"m not willing to answer and I'm really not sure I want to go to all the trouble of making up something, setting up yet another email, making sure I actually answer so that it actually will work and meh, just too much trouble. 

I tried a couple of free watch vids but only one seemed to give me ep, whopping 1ep haha. so not sure that's worth it .

then I took a risk. :o

I tried the download this game and install and get ep. 

I know I was going to have to tell my malware program to allow all those 'blocked ....' stuff so clicked 'allow once' while gritting my teeth and keeping my fingers crossed. 

it asks to dl some protection thing and then starts putting shortcuts for a few other little games but all it asks is dl it and install and then you get ep.

so I got my 150ep. :D

I didn't even get to try the game that I chose to dl. was a hidden object game. 

I only saw four shortcuts for a few little games and the program they ask to dl with it. some secure browser thing.

I then uninstalled it all and did a scan to make sure as far as I can tell my pc is fine. -_-

so I don't know about a lot of the 'offers'.  but I'll seek out those that seem semi low risk, ones I don't have to give out any info or fill out any forms and maybe get a little ep.   

so has anyone else just tried the download this game and install to get ep choices?  if you have what do you think of the risk involved with this?

also as to bound or unbound ep.  I"m still in that very newbie stage so there is a lot I'm not sure I understand but how do you tell what ep is bound and what ep isn't?

also I just wanted to try to get a little ep for items I may like to use for now.   I may want to subscribe or buy some ep in the future if I can however for now I appreciate that there is another way to obtain a little ep.

also off topic but mentioned in one of the posts.   what are repair kits?  

and what are the top items players feel are most worth buying with ep?

thanks for your time and for reading this (if you did :P ).

:wub:

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#66 xXxMomoxXx

xXxMomoxXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:41

Doing survey are worthless in my region .

I played game 5 times and only get 2 ep from videos

LoL ..

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

[Tool]Talent Planner

More stuff on my 'about me'.

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

#67 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:08

Doing survey are worthless in my region .

I played game 5 times and only get 2 ep from videos

LoL ..

Exactly :) 

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#68 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:22

I"m not sure what offers are showing for others. I'm in the u.s.  if you see the tab for tokenads, the games that are for dl = 150 or more depending on what you choose.   I've only tried one so far.  decided to use the ep on 3 sacks.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#69 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:40

TBH I feel the free unbound ep is just fine,it will cause a actual balance towards the ep/gold ratio and prevent it from continuing to raise too high.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#70 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:48

also off topic but mentioned in one of the posts.   what are repair kits?  

and what are the top items players feel are most worth buying with ep?

thanks for your time and for reading this (if you did :P ).

:wub:

Repair kits cost 25 EP and repair your gear.  It's much more cost effective when you're a higher level when repairs can cost around 80 gold.  People think that alone kills the economy, but I like it. :)

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 18 May 2014 - 11:48.

8TLwd.jpg

#71 Tsali

Tsali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 15:56

I signed into Swag Bucks as part of this deal and got nothing!  That's right!  Zero point huh uh!  No 2500 Eldevin points, and the support ticket I sent got no response at all!

This is nothing but a con!  I filled out the whole thing, and Neither Eldevin, or Hunted Cow is even on the list!  Don't get taken in!  Now I have an in box full of spam, and nothing for my efforts!

#72 Tsali

Tsali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 16:03

The support ticket was up for an hour, but they closed for the day without even looking at it!  I am rapidly losing my trust in this game and this company!

#73 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 May 2014 - 16:07

I signed into Swag Bucks as part of this deal and got nothing!  That's right!  Zero point huh uh!  No 2500 Eldevin points, and the support ticket I sent got no response at all!

This is nothing but a con!  I filled out the whole thing, and Neither Eldevin, or Hunted Cow is even on the list!  Don't get taken in!  Now I have an in box full of spam, and nothing for my efforts!

The requirement was to signup AND earn a certain amount of swagbucks before the Eldevin Points are paid to you, did you earn enough?

If it was the TrialPay offer, you need to earn 450 swagbucks.

Edited by Mongo, 19 May 2014 - 16:09.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#74 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 May 2014 - 16:19

The support ticket was up for an hour, but they closed for the day without even looking at it!  I am rapidly losing my trust in this game and this company!

HCS cares/listens more then just about any company I've heard of.  You put the ticket in at the end of day.  They are a tiny company, and they do have lives.  So show a little patience, and I'm sure they'll look at it tomorrow (their) morning.

Question.  You joined Swagbucks.  Did you earn your 450 Swagbucks already?  From your tone, it sounds like you expected to get the points immediately after signing up.  The offer clearly states you must first earn the bucks, then get the reward.  If you did earn the bucks, I'm sure HCS will be on top of it.

In my experience you do sometimes get screwed, but that's rare.  And not on the big ticket items like this.  HCS needs the income more then you need the EP :)

*General advice.  Always read the entire offer before signing up for anything.*

Edited by Irradiated, 19 May 2014 - 16:20.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#75 DJPaulyD

DJPaulyD

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:47

I'll be honest... I think this just ruined the game for me. Even though I've only been playing for a few days and I doubt my opinion will carry much weight, I had to post this.

I decided to check out the "offer wall" to maybe get some points to unlock some bag slots or something. One of the first I came across was a survey that awarded 125 EP. After filling out 3 or 4 pages of personal information that I thought was part of the survey, I got a notice that I did not qualify for the survey and that I wouldn't get awarded for it... but here's another 25 minute survey I can take if I really want to, just for fun. Um, what? So they get my email address and a bunch of personal info (worth $$$ to advertisers) and blow me off... Nice.

So I decide to try another. I switch over to the TokenAds tab and scroll down a ways... I see "Download VLC Media Player now!" and think, "I've used that before, not sure why I don't have it installed now, but I'll take 148 EP to install it". I click on the link and it takes me to some third-party site that tries to automatically install a "FLV Player"... Um, again, what? That is a blatant bait-and-switch: advertise downloading a popular, safe video player, then present the user with some unknown download of unknown origins. Unacceptable.

I realize that HCS doesn't run the offers themselves, but they should at least look them over. It makes me question if they have any respect for their players if these are the kinds of offers they want to present to them.

[And for those saying how you have alternate/fake emails and social networking accounts just for filling out offers... you are a contributing factor to the number of problems people have with offers not paying out. Fake information is useless to an advertising company which is apparently why they resort to refusing to pay out (at best) or spamming/forwarding to malware (at worst).]

#76 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:55

Am I the only one that cant close the window for the free offers? It looks like the bottom of the window is cut off where I'm imagining the close button is. Really counterproductive to have to close the game tab just to get out of the free offer window.

#77 Jon Snow

Jon Snow

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 20:20

So far only 50% of my offers for points have worked and 50% have failed. The failed included ones i made payments on. So you goot aask youself is it really worth trying the offers if they only work 50% of the time??? me personally a big NO! spending money to hopefuly get eldevin points when theres a 50% chance. **ck that!! id rather spend a bit more money and get guarenteed points from the shop. so far the free points pages are a huge FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

#78 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:37

So far only 50% of my offers for points have worked and 50% have failed. The failed included ones i made payments on. So you goot aask youself is it really worth trying the offers if they only work 50% of the time??? me personally a big NO! spending money to hopefuly get eldevin points when theres a 50% chance. **ck that!! id rather spend a bit more money and get guarenteed points from the shop. so far the free points pages are a huge FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uau 50% that is A LOT only 10% of mine worked and i have horded 693 free ep.

You payed? if you want ep and can spend $ well i recomend seeing the shop.

Edited by Susej, 26 May 2014 - 07:39.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#79 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:08

I, personally, don't like completing real-world tasks for benefit in games. I have seen other online games do very, very well for themselves offering completely free play and micro transactions that consist solely of cosmetic upgrades, pets, and the like. Sometimes they offer supporter packs (similar to beta packs, but with some different items - cosmetics, real-world gear, etc.)

I have spent money on this game. I would be far more likely to continue spending it under this sort of model. I may not be a 'business model professional', but I'm certainly able to articulate a model that I prefer, and point towards examples of it working successfully.

Lastly, and most importantly - please check on offers that have been reported to not work, or even worse, to install adware or other garbage. Casual players who do these offers and get viruses or don't get their EP are going to leave bad reviews across the net, and that may hurt recruitment as well. The game needs to not be associated with crappy P2W "new age" gaming rubbish. If these things are going to continue to exist they need to be clean and make no attempt to scam the player or mislead the player.

Edit: Oh, and I feel for you, Zorg. A friend of mine does backend work on microtransactions for a local gaming company. It's always a thankless task.

Edited by Zshmaendal, 08 June 2014 - 11:10.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#80 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:22

is the link broken.. i'm getting a FATAL ERROR message when i click it

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer