• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:55

So... As a ranger, I'm kinda left at a loss in all of the Culling the Undead quests. They all require use of the BoM or SoM.... neither of which benefit my Ranged Stats.

Is there any way we could get an option to choose a Crossbow or similar weapon when they offer to make the BoM???

I'm sure those one handed sword wielders also feel my pain... if you build your class around a high defense and using shields... the BoM and SoM don't allow that either...

Innovation is the Mother of Prosperity.

- Aurynne - Lvl 20 - Ranger
Prospecting 12 | Skinning 12 | Foraging 8 | Forestry 7 | Fishing 6 | Crystal Cutting 6 | Farming 5

Cooking 8 | Leatherwork 7 | Weaponsmithing 6 | Alchemy 4 | Armor-smithing 2 | Jewelry 2 | Tailoring 1
- NynaeveAlmeara - Lvl 7 - Prophet/Mage (to be)
- Adolin - Lvl 6 - Templar (to be)
- MatrimCauthon - Lvl 1 - Warrior (to be)

#2 Perfikt

Perfikt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:21

You don't need to equip the items. Just having them in your inventory works. :)

#3 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 20:00

Does that give me the Plagued bonus?

Prospecting 12 | Skinning 12 | Foraging 8 | Forestry 7 | Fishing 6 | Crystal Cutting 6 | Farming 5

Cooking 8 | Leatherwork 7 | Weaponsmithing 6 | Alchemy 4 | Armor-smithing 2 | Jewelry 2 | Tailoring 1

#4 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 20:41

We've been asking for a bow/xbow since early stages of BETA,

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#5 Perfikt

Perfikt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 23:23

It doesn't get you the bonus, no, but it allows you to progress in the quests without wasting your melee slots.

#6 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:09

I might have understood you wrong, but my suggestion is that you can only choose EITHER army or council. NOT both. You should also be able to hop to the other line IF you have done everything in that chapter i.e. If you have been with the council before vault, you could change to army. Now you can make both, so they should buff the rewards if they make the change.

Also my brother who is ranger has been disappointed when at army you get a great sword and at council you get a great staff, but why can't you choose to get a BOW? They could make it possible to choose to take a bow after giving the sword to Major Rothar, in dialog: [at end] "or would you prefer a bow? My weapon-smiths have succeeded to get the effect on bows.".

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#7 xXxMomoxXx

xXxMomoxXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:31

It would be better to add 1h sword for Sins and Rangers

For Plagued dmg Bonus

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

[Tool]Talent Planner

More stuff on my 'about me'.

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

#8 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:31

I play a ranger, and disagree.  If HCS goes down this route, they'll also have to add dual daggers, 1-h sword, and essence instead of staff.

Not all quests, or all gear, has to be equal for all classes, or even should be.  The goal is making quests enjoyable across classes, not perfect gear balance.  Just like some quests give rewards for one class or another, so true with this quest item.

It's not like in the quest "Show of Strength", or as in the case of end game gear, where the choice of weapon is key.  The ranger doesn't need it, these quests are easily doable without homogenizing across classes.

Edited by Irradiated, 25 May 2014 - 11:41.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#9 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 15:20

I guess my point is that the amount of bonus one receives on the Mercy weapons, when playing as a member of any other class than a dedicated Bow user (like myself), is tremendous.

When I use the Blade of Mercy, I still end up with slightly higher DPS than by using my Crossbow. If I were a Melee centric character, this would be stacked with the Physical Attribute.

As it presently sits, I have to kite Plagued who are within two levels higher than me, lest I get myself killed by a stray critical shot. I could certainly use the same boost those folks are receiving to their core stats when they're fighting plagued... it was far worse earlier in the game, before I managed to get my Call of the Wild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: