Repeatable and timelimited oddjobs & workorders.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gothador_mrpointy

gothador_mrpointy
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:09

At the trading forum every now and then posts like "1000 copper bars needed - make me an offer" pop up. Would it not be an idea to let NPCs have similar desires - and reward you with xp, potions etc ?

Example: "The son of the King Icellor has decided he wants to engage in alchemy. As a result all the gold in the entire treasury was replaced by something called "pocket lint". Could you supply him with some gold bars ? For every 100 you'll receive x xp".

"The childrens section of the hospital is in need of toys to stop the crying ! Please good sir, bring us some toys ! For each toysword you'll receive one of our best health potions ! But please, be back in 1 hour !"

Point being that it is not possible to complete the first type of quest - you can just keep doing them if you want for the xp. The ones with a timelimit could be limited to once a day - and the hospital could ask for different things each time ;)

If the concept is liked it would perhaps be an idea to add things like woodcutting and carpentry to the game - just to fill workorders from NPCs (somewhat like how the new blue berries are just there for a quest). Perhaps rename "miner" to "worker"; and let high level workers do more challenging jobs. It would make "not fighting" a more varied and interesting choice.

Thoughts ?

#2 DarkOrion

DarkOrion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 23:13

Personally, I do like these ideas. I started my online RPG gamming in Ravenblack's city - and many of the quests there are timed. I do not believe it would be overly impossible (planning or programing wise) to be created - nor do I believe that timed quests would be so overly hard that they are not fun.

I also very like the idea of Miner subclass becomming 'worker' and the inclusion of more worker-type actions in the game.

I do believe however that the general idea of Jobs or Timed Quests has been posted before, so maybe look there to see what sort of responce they recieved.

#3 gothador_chaotix

gothador_chaotix
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:56

I like returnable quests =0)

How about every 10 levels or so you get a cool little prize? Like at level 10 you get a nifty little ring at level 20 that ring gets upgraded etc...

And by levels I mean return times. =0)p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: