Photo

More Involved Quest Arcs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: "Involved" Quest Lines (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see more ?

1. Yes - and they are essential to progress (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

2. Yes - but they are optional and won't block progress (14 votes [51.85%])

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

3. No - the "kill x of y" quests are just fine (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

4. No - I hate quests (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

5. Who cares, I have splinters in my butt from sitting on the fence (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:17

Further to my thread http://forums.hunted...showtopic=57999, I thought I'd throw it open to a poll to see what the general consensus of opinion is regarding these quests....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:52

Could you also add a "I don't care either way, I just play the game" option?... So I can vote!  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:19

Could you also add a "I don't care either way, I just play the game" option?... So I can vote!  :P

That do ya ?  LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:20

Great thanks!  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#5 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 00:25

Personally I love questing, but would love to see more detailed quests than kill this and go here types. I really enjoyed the story behind the Epic quests and the Kracken quests, I completely LOVED Xindy. I know I might be in the minority here but that's one of the reason I play, for the story arcs. I have completed every quest to my level (apart from one limited time quest which wasn't available to me due to level the last time it was open.) I can't wait to do my next quest hehe. I know however that the cows are very busy, and will get round to the quests once they have time. I will be patient and wait, though I really want to continue the epic story arcs!

Sig16avi703-Ru2_zps6167231b.png by Zeder

"Surrender is NOT an option" - Tamra Dragonstar - Lord Command of the Dnulian Army. (Queen)

#6 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:29

I completely LOVED Xindy. I know I might be in the minority here but that's one of the reason I play, for the story arcs.

I must be part of this minority too. Xind was fun! Annoying and frustrating too.. but I loved having a break from the normal kill this and find that type quests. To be honest I stopped reading most of the quest text until I could just see what, and how many of the creatures to kill..  :( ..really wish I was a little more patient.

I would be very happy to see the rest of the epic quests and maybe a few more multi-level quest arcs spread around all levels. My only request would be that these not be mandatory to proceed through stairways (maybe only to quest specific realms that hold an elite), as long as you have the ability to skip the quests and come back later when you have more time or you are not using epic potions.

#7 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:30

I must be part of this minority too. Xind was fun! Annoying and frustrating too.. but I loved having a break from the normal kill this and find that type quests. To be honest I stopped reading most of the quest text until I could just see what, and how many of the creatures to kill..  :( ..really wish I was a little more patient.

Problem is ofcourse that your potions/buffs only run a limited amount of time. So you are really forced to skip most of the questtext and just go ahead and start killing...

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2013 - 21:11

Problem is ofcourse that your potions/buffs only run a limited amount of time. So you are really forced to skip most of the questtext and just go ahead and start killing...

That all depends on your gameplay style ... it's not compulsory to burn through stam as quickly as possible with the desired intention of gaining as many levels as is humanely possible - sometimes, it's nice to saunter along, and take a look at the scenery as you pass by.

Personally tho, if I'm using big pots, I burn all of my stam bar about 1K, kill doubler, drop back and do the quests. That seems to get me the best "bang for my buck" :)

#9 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:17

If I'm doing a power level then I ignore the quests except the ones on the way through my path, and then go back at the end of the last bit of stam once the pots have run out and do them then. Just needs a bit of common sense LOL

Sig16avi703-Ru2_zps6167231b.png by Zeder

"Surrender is NOT an option" - Tamra Dragonstar - Lord Command of the Dnulian Army. (Queen)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: