• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 KazukaKirito

KazukaKirito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:39

My character is a Prophet and mainly focused on the Sorcery stat. As a magic-user, I always have on light armor equipped and magic-enhancing weapons. As far as I know, the only sorcery weapon types in Eldevin are staves and essences. My concern is on how staves are two-handed. I'm a bit tired of having to equip a staff because it's not as appealing anymore. Sure I can just equip swords and such, but again my focus is magic and healing. For the next update, I'm suggesting we add wands to the game.  biggrin.png

Wand Abilities:

• One-Handed
  • DPS is around half a staff's DPS that is of its same level/tier
  • Vitality (Same as DPS)
  • Sorcery (Same as DPS)
  • Focus (Same as DPS)
  • Bonus (Effect/Random Roll/Gem Slot) ~This doesn't have to apply to all wands~

In-game:

• Updated quest rewards to give out wands
  • New crafting recipes (wand) for Weaponsmithing

#2 KazukaKirito

KazukaKirito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:44

Imagine the possibilities, you can equip a wand AND a sword! :rolleyes: Special bonus to those melee/magic class type hybrids  ;)

#3 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:04

This would make mage/prophet classes far too OP. Prophet is already the most OP class (I've contradicted myself in the past saying Mage is better, but in reality the prophet is.. at-least pvp wise) in the game with very good single target DPS.

What other people are doing for a "mixed build" is using a 1h weapon with a slot and slotting spell healing/spell power into it with a shield.

Edited by Neon, 18 February 2014 - 03:05.

• Ben likes this

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#4 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:31

yeah... as is staff's don't add to spell dps (only the sorcery stat they have on them) their dmg is actualy melee dps... so if you added 1h spell wands to the game then we would have yet another equip thats adding spell dps.. this would indeed be tooo much..

now if could (i so dont see how) make wands melee dps same as staffs so we was only getting the stat boosts off them then sure i could see adding wands...  but that doesn't really work flavor wise... melee wands..?..?..?..

perhaps instead randomize (SOME) of the current equips... then we can see fist weapons, daggers, swords, even 2h axes with sorc/focus rolls

or they could add wands as spell dps but make the system only calculate your highest (hand slotted or ranged slotted) weapon slots into your actual dps..? eh idk.. that doesn't seem to fit either.. but if they can make it work i too would like to see 1h caster weapons.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#5 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:21

yeah... as is staff's don't add to spell dps (only the sorcery stat they have on them) their dmg is actualy melee dps... so if you added 1h spell wands to the game then we would have yet another equip thats adding spell dps.. this would indeed be tooo much..

now if could (i so dont see how) make wands melee dps same as staffs so we was only getting the stat boosts off them then sure i could see adding wands...  but that doesn't really work flavor wise... melee wands..?..?..?..

perhaps instead randomize (SOME) of the current equips... then we can see fist weapons, daggers, swords, even 2h axes with sorc/focus rolls

or they could add wands as spell dps but make the system only calculate your highest (hand slotted or ranged slotted) weapon slots into your actual dps..? eh idk.. that doesn't seem to fit either.. but if they can make it work i too would like to see 1h caster weapons.

I wanted rods or wands just to be able to equip a shield...

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#6 Smallwolf

Smallwolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:42

I wanted rods or wands just to be able to equip a shield...

same.

"Class": Warpriest (thats my aim). Professions: Cooking lv16 - (self sufficent atm) that includes farming, fishing, foraging etc. Alchemy (lv10) - by product of cooking when gathering mats don't sell. And mine for money.

#7 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:47

noone is crying that swords can be 2h and 1h + shield / 1h + 1h ... but when it comes to mage staff everyone does? give me a reason for this cry...

dps for mage is only calculated by the essence you are using, so this wouldnt change because wands would be normal melee / range weapons (for example a range autohit like the essence - and no melee autohit possible anymore - or just a melee autohit like staffs have now).

With wands there would be even more possibilities for every kind of hybrid class - and also i am used to play mages with 1 handed weapons over 2 handed staffs.

Something i would like to see is

• remove haste from staffs - add spell damage to staffs
  • add haste to wands only - make a small spell damage reduction

As Staffs should be slow but powerfull and Wands should be Fast but weaker

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#8 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:19

I reckon wands would be a great idea. However, they should also add things like an off-hand magic book or orb which can only be wielded with a wand and vise versa. They'd somehow have to make this extremely balanced but it'd be a good idea in my opinion.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#9 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:38

This would make mage/prophet classes far too OP. Prophet is already the most OP class (I've contradicted myself in the past saying Mage is better, but in reality the prophet is.. at-least pvp wise) in the game with very good single target DPS.

What other people are doing for a "mixed build" is using a 1h weapon with a slot and slotting spell healing/spell power into it with a shield.

i totally agree with you, prophets are much OP than mages at pvp, but still i would be happy to have 1h staff + shield even i prefer full DPS but just like to have it to try different things, i know rangers can use this combo already and its not gonna make anything worse.

#10 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:47

noone is crying that swords can be 2h and 1h + shield / 1h + 1h ... but when it comes to mage staff everyone does? give me a reason for this cry...

dps for mage is only calculated by the essence you are using, so this wouldnt change because wands would be normal melee / range weapons (for example a range autohit like the essence - and no melee autohit possible anymore - or just a melee autohit like staffs have now).

With wands there would be even more possibilities for every kind of hybrid class - and also i am used to play mages with 1 handed weapons over 2 handed staffs.

Something i would like to see is

• remove haste from staffs - add spell damage to staffs
  • add haste to wands only - make a small spell damage reduction

As Staffs should be slow but powerfull and Wands should be Fast but weaker

just saying, as there can be better ideas for sure

2h staff stats example:

Malee DPS: xxx

Vitality:100

Sorcery: 100

Focus: 100

2 Gem Slots

1h staff stats example

Malee DPS: xxx

Vitality 50

Sorcery:50

Focus:50

1 gem Slots

+ Shield left hand

#11 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:34

It would hardly make Healers more powerful, it just gives them more freedom of choice in their build.

If healers are so OPed in PvP then the Cows could nerf the healing a bit. Problem solved.

Healers are surely not OPed in the rest of the game. In regards to dungeons we even surely could use a few more healers.

If healers equip 2 wands then they will get the same stats as equipping a 2h staff.

People with a mixed build might like to be able to equip a different weapon (ranged or melee) along their wand. I don't see anything overpowered there.

Healers could also choose to use a shield. They will give up a lot of Sorcery and Focus to get back some Energy and Armor (and a little bit of Vitality). If we take the level 40 Heroic staff and shield as an example then using a wand (with half the staff stats) plus the shield versus the staff will give:

• Vitality: 49.5 vs. 33 = +16.5
  • Sorcery: 26 vs. 52 = -26
  • Melee: 26 vs. 0 = +26
  • Energy: 22 vs. 0 = +22
  • Focus: 43.5 vs. 87 = -43.5
  • Armor: 725 vs. 0 = +725

For most healers Melee is pretty much useless.

The increase in Vitality and Armor will make them stay alive a bit longer (very useful in dungeons).
But they will lose Sorcery and Focus, so their healing is less powerful.

I would say it is a fair trade-off. Wands won't make healers more powerful, but they will allow them more freedom of choice.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#12 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:01

It would hardly make Healers more powerful, it just gives them more freedom of choice in their build.

If healers are so OPed in PvP then the Cows could nerf the healing a bit. Problem solved.

Healers are surely not OPed in the rest of the game. In regards to dungeons we even surely could use a few more healers.

If healers equip 2 wands then they will get the same stats as equipping a 2h staff.

People with a mixed build might like to be able to equip a different weapon (ranged or melee) along their wand. I don't see anything overpowered there.

Healers could also choose to use a shield. They will give up a lot of Sorcery and Focus to get back some Energy and Armor (and a little bit of Vitality). If we take the level 40 Heroic staff and shield as an example then using a wand (with half the staff stats) plus the shield versus the staff will give:

• Vitality: 49.5 vs. 33 = +16.5
  • Sorcery: 26 vs. 52 = -26
  • Melee: 26 vs. 0 = +26
  • Energy: 22 vs. 0 = +22
  • Focus: 43.5 vs. 87 = -43.5
  • Armor: 725 vs. 0 = +725

For most healers Melee is pretty much useless.

The increase in Vitality and Armor will make them stay alive a bit longer (very useful in dungeons).
But they will lose Sorcery and Focus, so their healing is less powerful.

I would say it is a fair trade-off. Wands won't make healers more powerful, but they will allow them more freedom of choice.

It's not the problem of healers or mages duel wielding a wand or any kind of 1H it's the problem of them being able to use a 1H sorc weapon and a shield.

Already a shield comes with righteous defense, and a few other "passive" abilities that require a shield. I can't say the exact figures of the usefulness because I have yet to see a "combat prophet" played at it's full potential.

As for duel wield as a mage, an assassin who takes up the two 1H at the loss of some melee will now be able to use abilities such as cauterize with some effectiveness, the 60 melee loss (at this level) will hardly change the damage in pvp situations, but won't be as good for prolonged pve scenarios.

I'm all up for more weapons and stuff, but I really don't think this could be balanced, mages and prophets still have the advantage over every class in the game in most scenarios. Because Eldevin is a "classless game" it's extremely hard to keep things balanced. I would of much preferred Eldevin to be locked to specific classes.

Edited by Neon, 18 February 2014 - 18:03.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#13 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:09

Already a shield comes with righteous defense, and a few other "passive" abilities that require a shield. I can't say the exact figures of the usefulness because I have yet to see a "combat prophet" played at it's full potential.

that's why some ability should be locked into specific class only

as we keep forgetting how rangers are OP and they can use blind+righteous defense

maybe any level 10+ ability should be locked

#14 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 22:14

eh personaly i wouldn't worry too much about being able to use a 1h + shield.... can do that already the sorc loss from not having the staff equals a very small change to actual dps the lvl 40 staff from TR only add's an extra 48 dps 

my thoughts on wands making casters OP are wands are magical weapons (they use spell power as dmg) and therefor = spell dps... staves are melee weapon and = melee dps.. the reason staves dont add to your spell dps is simply that... they do however add to your melee dps

so now they can either stay in character for wands and make them spell dps and we now have 2 1h's + essence thats adding to spell dps OR they can break character and make wands also melee dps... and that would just feel so wrong... might aswell just stick with swords/daggers/fist weapons and allow the random rolls of atributes so can find sorc/focus 1h's...

(and all this convo about locking skills/talents....  seriously? more restrictions.....  how many people play this game because they are able to play it how they like to play... everyone has their own reasons for liking this game and when the game was launched everyone could play and build their own way... we have already lost a lot of that freedom threw nerfs and changes, was things needed to be fixed.. ofcourse but should had found a way that didn't limit those freedoms that made everyone be able to enjoy the game... and now you're suggesting to limit it even more...... that would be such a sad day...)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#15 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:29

my thoughts on wands making casters OP are wands are magical weapons (they use spell power as dmg) and therefor = spell dps... staves are melee weapon and = melee dps.. the reason staves dont add to your spell dps is simply that... they do however add to your melee dps

So far every single item that can be put into the hand slots has Melee DPS. Whether it be swords, polearms, knives, throwing weapons or a staff.

No one has even mentioned it here that this should change at all or only for wands.

And I think that wands that give Melee DPS is quite in line with all the other weapons. So I see no problem with them having Melee DPS.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#16 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:17

all weapons you named aside form throwing weapons which dont go into hand but the ranged slot are all actualy melee weapons... and i know no one suggested to keep wands spell dps and as i said i think they would be ok and balanced as long as was melee dps but don't fit with what wands are.. so 

that said.. they can easily make wands melee dps or to keep weapon types accurate instead of classing a spell type weapon melee dps, what would be wrong with random atributes to drops?

either way i'm mostly agreeing with you it would be great to get some 1h's with sorc/focus atribs but only if they do it right. 

Edited by awollsd, 20 February 2014 - 05:17.

#17 KazukaKirito

KazukaKirito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:14

I can see why wands shouldn't have the Melee DPS. I agree having it weaker than staff, but increased haste. It's just for the point of different possibilities and "freedom of choice." And wow I haven't considered a wand and shield, thanks!

#18 Gamed

Gamed

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:45

Wands should be a thing IMO, they can be balanced wouldn't make any class op if you don't even know the stats that would be consisted with it, you think it would have the same damage as a staff? OFC not you'd sacrifice damage,stats, to have more defenses. Rangers are allowed to use shields, they have the most OVERPOWERED kiting skills with crossbows doing 1.65? attacks per seconds, you can basicly walk/run and shoot at the same time, rendering bows absolutely useless. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: