18 replies to this topic

#1 Removed4256

Removed4256

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:43

DELETED

Edited by Removed4256, 09 May 2014 - 18:55.

#2 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:20

2.5bucks isnt cheap enough?

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#3 Removed4256

Removed4256

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:23

DELETED

#4 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:25

No. I don't see it really needing to be EP, and I don't see why players are not given the oppertunity to modify more frequently.

Devs have to eat smthing too :P u think servers are free ? 250 ep isnt much.

#5 Removed4256

Removed4256

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:31

DELETED

#6 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:13

Also, they have given free repsecs with pretty much every update. Way less than 60 days

91ig7l.png

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#7 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:22

Also the game is NOT meant to be a game when you change your talents every day. (IRL if you can't modify your talents as you want). First put your talents/ attributes in what you will and then when you learn how to make a good build, use the free ones.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#8 Removed4256

Removed4256

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 13:47

DELETED

Edited by Removed4256, 09 May 2014 - 18:56.

#9 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 14:19

Sorry, i meant you can't change talents as often you will. However, it's not meant to be something you change before every dungeon. And yeah, lets abandon this thread.

#10 InHaste

InHaste

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 14:21

(Im not trying to be rude) When you put an idea into suggestions, its simply an idea, and we can choose to criticize or support an idea. Personally I find this idea kind of useful, yet not necessary. Let me elaborate. Useful ways: lower levels will have an opportunity to find their calling, and get a better idea on how to build their class. However its not necessary because you shouldnt mess up your build that many times. Your meant to choose one class, and if you dont like it, you get a free respec. There really shouldnt be any reason to keep resetting over and over. Especially since you'll just have to continue getting completely all new gear to make that perfect build for a particular class. 

LazyAF - Ranger - Level 45

InHaste - Healer - Level 32

3721425.png

#11 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 14:29

(Im not trying to be rude) When you put an idea into suggestions, its simply an idea, and we can choose to criticize or support an idea. Personally I find this idea kind of useful, yet not necessary. Let me elaborate. Useful ways: lower levels will have an opportunity to find their calling, and get a better idea on how to build their class. However its not necessary because you shouldnt mess up your build that many times. Your meant to choose one class, and if you dont like it, you get a free respec. There really shouldnt be any reason to keep resetting over and over. Especially since you'll just have to continue getting completely all new gear to make that perfect build for a particular class. 

That's how it's now!

#12 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2014 - 16:12

Okay, well it's not "real life." Even if it were real life you actually can change your talents. It's called practicing? How do you get better at something? Is it just natural? Second, how do you know it's not "one of those games?" Third, sorry I suggested it. It seems like a lot recently that when you put up a suggestion for the game, you get fanboy slapped back into place. My apologies for thinking outside the box. :mellow:

Lol lets take a real life example then. Lets say you want to get better at basketball. You can watch videos, learn the rule of the game etc. and in a while you will get better. Think of that as the 60 days reset. Now what if you get a ball to actually learn how to dribble, how to pass etc. Think of that as the paid reset. You pay a little money to reduce the practice time significantly.  Same thing if you buy a hoop, join a team, play competitively etc. 

Also, Im sure that a lot of HCS revenue comes from those who wish to reset talents and bringing it down to 5g will cripple their revenue stream. 

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#13 FrostyDro

FrostyDro

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 17:55

No support it's already pretty low, you can get that much ep in 1-2 hours as a high level. It's a good EP sink that helps the economy. Leave the way it is or raise it. Plus they have gave several free ones already and will give more when they release game changing content.

#14 Removed4256

Removed4256

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 21:09

DELETED

Edited by Removed4256, 09 May 2014 - 18:52.

#15 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 10 April 2014 - 21:29

Ok Zook. So I respec after a freebie to try something new and completely screw up. Lets say I make it pretty unbearable to play. Now I must sit and wait for the next hotfix where they "might" give another freebie. They don't always and you know that.

You cant blame HCS for your mistake tho...

I know plenty of players that respec often, paying the EP for it and they dont complain about it. The only thing I wanna see is that we can Reset EITHER Talents or Attributes for a LOWER cost. Instaed of having to pay 250ep no matter what we choose to reset.
Reset both = 250EP
Reset Talents = 150 EP
Reset Attributes = 150 EP
Thats something I would use way more than the current way it is. I already suggested this tho, and they said they think about it. I understand this wont be one of their top priorities anyway, so if it doesnt happen, or dont happen soon Im still happy with how it is.

91ig7l.png

#16 DungeonRider

DungeonRider

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 22:02

One of the defining features of this game is supposed to be class freedom, right? Why not charge a reasonable price for respecs along the tune of 5 gold or so? This way, players have the freedom to try new strategies for both their solo and their multiplay runs. (...)

I found it very quick that Eldevin not follow common mmorpg's standards but create his very own,

eg. not lose XP when die, tons of awesome dungeons each fiew meters ( which i personaly love <3 ), and many more, which at a whole give very nice refreshing feeling of something new betwin 1000 identical mmo clones.

Having ability to restat on demand for that low price (5g) at any time,

could make Eldevin even more original game than it allready are.

And this could be for sure a adventage over another 100 mmo clones, who do not allow such thing.

~ Will Eldevin become "one betwin 100", or "the one and only" innovative and original game

with his own unique ideas ? )

Edited by DungeonRider, 11 April 2014 - 05:13.

,      member of Valhalla guild      ,

#17 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:44

Okay since no one else has added this HCS game Fallen sword a respec cost 150 FSP for the first time... It goes up each following time....So FSP are best normal price $60.00 for 400.. Best deal EP $60.00 for 7500 I think 250 EP for a respec is really low cost... But we can suggest start at 100 EP and go up 50 EP each time works for me by the time you get done doing Respecs well You may need several thousand EP... Do you want that or a even across the Board 250 each time???? Your ball Pass or play.....

#18 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:36

i'll start by saying FIRST i kind of agree with most people here the 250ep isn't all that much. it is relitivly easily earned by a free player. can sell gems, mats, or simply purchase with gold...  

that said i feel (once again) i should point out....  the number one advertising point i've seen used is "the freedom of a classless system" so perhaps concidering a price reduction, currency change, OR cooldown reduction wouldn't be such a bad thing.... if you're billing your game as one with such freedoms then shouldn't you atleast concider suggestions to help with those freedoms?

although i'ld say i like both zook's comment about why does it cost the same to respec 1 facet of your toon as it does to respec both.....  and i REALLY like the 24 hour grace period... dont even have to be 24 hours... heck even just 2 hours would be great..... many people may want to respec and try something but fear once they pay that 250ep respec their test build think oh shit i hate this.... crap now i'm stuck paying another 250ep... so some time to go test the build before being locked into it could help people feel more comfortable. 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#19 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:21

EJK, on 10 Apr 2014 - 17:19, said:snapback.png

Sorry, i meant you can't change talents as often you will. However, it's not meant to be something you change before every dungeon. And yeah, lets abandon this thread.

Why not? You keep making these generalized statements like you're the end all be all of MMO gaming. "Not that kind of game," "Not meant to be something you change before every dungeon." Says who? You? If you want a game that truly allows people to customize builds, why not let them respec as desired?

Why do they have like it is now then? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: