Photo

__

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Removed4256

Removed4256

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:27

DELETED

Edited by Removed4256, 09 May 2014 - 18:16.

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:59

I actually raised this yesterday with a member of staff but got no reply, as the level 42 potions need no flakes. I like that those potions need lesser flakes to craft, it will give flakes a value long term. As eventually there will be so many artisan points in the game that the flake prices will crash.

I would even suggest making the level 42 elixirs require 2 flakes to craft! Just to keep a market for the lesser flakes.

These potions last one hour (if you dont die :P ), so are well worth the cost of a lesser flake in my opinion.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2014 - 13:27

I fully agree Mongo, including the 2 flakes for level 42.  Though I think the elixirs should last through death. 

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#4 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2014 - 13:28

I actually raised this yesterday with a member of staff but got no reply, as the level 42 potions need no flakes. I like that those potions need lesser flakes to craft, it will give flakes a value long term. As eventually there will be so many artisan points in the game that the flake prices will crash.

I would even suggest making the level 42 elixirs require 2 flakes to craft! Just to keep a market for the lesser flakes.

These potions last one hour (if you dont die :P ), so are well worth the cost of a lesser flake in my opinion.

I can see your point in this,but I have to say I think there are more people creating alts and leveling alts then there are people doing their dailies all out. for each of those alts created that's another min of 100+ elemental flakes and roughly 100+ lesser flakes needed. Although the lesser flakes may not be a huge deal due to the fact you can grind boondocks for a few hours to obtain,the elemental flakes and future usage of greater flakes can't be farmed in the same manner and require more. 

Sum it up,I would have to disagree with making any potions require flakes tbh. Reason for this is anything over lvl 20 that requires a flake to make is labeled as a heroic,those lvl 24 pots aren't labeled anything above rare,and cooking requires no flakes. Also foraging is the only skill really where the higher tier is more of a challenge then other skills (before snapping continue to read on) Farming=safe skill 100% of the time so isn't interrupted for killing to gather, fishing= safe spots to fish all over no combat to interrupt and then there is foraging where you basically have to either wait a select time to gather things safely or fight your entire way to collect...

Now if there was a completely seperate rare resource to be a requirement for making these potions I would agree,but not flakes.

Edited by HuMoR, 02 May 2014 - 13:29.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#5 xXxMomoxXx

xXxMomoxXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 13:33

Those lvl 24 Elixirs aren't Heroic :3

In Flake says 'Used to craft heroic stuffs'

And those elixirs aren't even Heroic @.@ .

I hope They add something Circle around you , Like as you use serenity you saw some circles :3 .

Adding it would be cool , More Attractive Hehe ..

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

[Tool]Talent Planner

More stuff on my 'about me'.

Message or Mail me for any Suggestions or Corrections.

#6 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 14:16

No flakes for potions plz

I do all my dailies and still havent got enough of them

Edited by Susej, 02 May 2014 - 14:16.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#7 Removed4256

Removed4256

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 14:33

DELETED

#8 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 14:39

Before the new potions were added/you were able to use more than 1 potion I knew people who farmed boondocks for flakes to make them since they were useful

#9 Removed4256

Removed4256

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 14:40

DELETED

#10 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2014 - 00:52

They are actually taking care of that. I believe it is in the notes.

yeah they said there were looking to balance elixers which means they are going to be nerfed so it won't be as beneficial as it was previously 

i personally never used the potions that needed flakes due to the absolute waste if you do die :( maybe they need to become heroic elixers and survivable through death to make them more worth using ans spending a flake on

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#11 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:08

yeah they said there were looking to balance elixers which means they are going to be nerfed so it won't be as beneficial as it was previously

In the last development update HCS stated it will be 2 elixirs.  Since they didn't say otherwise, I assume still one food.

And I agree, if they lasted through death they'd be worth 1 or 2 flakes.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: