Photo

Can't connect to server. Kicked back to character selection.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Richgar

Richgar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 23:20

I can't connect to any of the servers. It just loads until the bar says "Resources complete" and then it kicks me back to character select. I managed to log in for the first time today, after trying to connect every day for the past week. Then as I was playing, I got randomly kicked back to character select, and can't connect anymore. I have the latest java installed, and the ports for playing Eldevin aren't blocked. Also, it's not my computer. My graphics card and cpu can handle this game. I've tried from steam, client, and waterfox with the same issue on both. I've also ran the diagnostics tool, preloaded, cleared cache/session, and preloaded again a few times. It doesn't help me with my issue. Diagnostics turn out fine. I've tried changing my graphics between java and software/safe mode, and also between fullscreen and window, and it didn't help. The in-game graphics settings are already on the lowest. While the bottom bar is loading, I can open the menu windows for my inventory, character, etc. and view them perfectly fine. It won't let me play though.

I've attached my system information and log file.

Edit: I've managed to play the whole day yesterday. Too dang addicting. Anyways, it seems this problem with connecting to the server occurs randomly.

Attached Files

Edited by Richgar, 18 April 2015 - 14:51.

#2 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:10

Been happening to me also. I prolly have best internet around here. It often happens when I try to log in while character is standing on big map like West or East eldevin. Guess there is some kind of unpacking problem with such huge amount of data.

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#3 Auron FFX

Auron FFX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:32

Do you guys have any antivirus programs that might be causing problems? Norton is one known to cause hanging in games

Try adding "Eldevin.exe" as an exception.

Also allow "Eldevin.exe" through Windows Firewall.

Then try launching the program and seeing if this helps.

May the odds be ever in your favor

hWtBGE5.gif
My wiki user page

#4 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 14:46

mine sometimes wont connect if i have a torrent site running :o

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#5 Richgar

Richgar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 18:30

It's working fine now. Must've been the server load or something. I don't use any anti-virus. Eldevin was already enabled through windows firewall when the problem was still there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: