• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:04

Please consider introducing Live PvP, GvG, and Arena.

In these Live Events, participants can join freely.

Live Events will be based on:

1. Level range

2. Limit to 1 or 2 hours

3. Everything plays (buffs, potions, gears, and so on)

Here are my thoughts:

For Live PvP:

* A list of events will be presented with requirements, such as level range, time, prize (PvP token), and entree fees.

* Participants click to join the event (each participant can only join 1 event at a time).

* Each victory = +1 point.

* Each defeat = -1 point.

* Draw = 0 point.

* 10 seconds cool down between attacks on the SAME target.

* Included: Stamina usage; Gears' repair cost

* Optional based on requirements of each event: XP loss; Gold loss

For Live GvG:

* If a guild decides to participate, a list of members must be selected

* Each member has a GvG Rating based on his/her level range (Level 1-99 = 1 GvG Rating, 100 - 199 = 2, so on)

* Participants click to join the event (each participant can only join 1 event at a time).

* Each victory = + target's X GvG Rating. If a 1 GvG Rating wins against a 4 GvG Rating, then the victor gets 4 GvG Rating. If a 4 GvG Rating wins against a 1 GvG Rating, then victor gets 1 GvG Rating.

* Each defeat = - your X GvG Rating.

* Draw = 0 point.

* First to reach the total required points win

Examples:

Live PvP Event #100 requirements:

* Prize: Top 50% participants get PvP Tokens

* Level 500 - 699

* Duration:  2017-05-01 11:00 to 13:00 (no entry after 11:00)

* Entry Fees: 100,000 gold

* XP Loss [on]

* Gold Loss [on]

Live PvP Event #101 requirements are:

* Level 500 - 699

* XP Loss [off]

* Gold Loss [off]

People can join any events they want.

After a month, data can be analyzed to see what type of events people would prefer.

I think this will bring a lot of excitement and activity back to FS.

Edited by Uncle Beg, 17 May 2017 - 12:00.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:33

How do you propose bringing this to fruition?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:52

Best part of the game! The live battles! Although the 2nd P/G should "accept" the challenge.

#4 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:38

Make it happen or not will be decided by HCS.

Here are my thoughts:

For Live PvP:

* A list of events will be presented with requirements, such as level range, time, prize (PvP token), and entree fees.

* Each victory = +1 point.

* Each defeat = -1 point.

* Draw = 0 point.

For Live GvG:

* If a guild decides to participate, a list of members must be selected

* Each member has a GvG Rating based on his/her level range (Level 1-99 = 1 GvG Rating, 100 - 199 = 2, so on)

* Each victory = + target's X GvG Rating. If a 1 GvG Rating wins against a 4 GvG Rating, then the victor gets 4 GvG Rating. If a 4 GvG Rating wins against a 1 GvG Rating, then victor gets 1 GvG Rating.

* Each defeat = - your X GvG Rating.

* Draw = 0 point.

* First to reach the total required points win

#5 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:34

interesting concept

stam use would have to be locked ?

Edited by activeh1, 16 May 2017 - 11:35.

5aZzW0p.png,

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:02

Stam based game, stam should be used, at least imho

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#7 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 17:07

Included:

* Stamina usage

* Gears' repair cost

Excluded:

* XP loss

* Gold loss

For some events, maybe XP or Gold Loss can be an option

Edited by Uncle Beg, 16 May 2017 - 17:09.

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 17:20

OK, in theory, this is a good idea.  

However, in practice, how could it be implemented?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 17:35

Xp loss and gold loss only for the live GvG right... shouldn't take xp loss and gold lose away from PVP thats why players PvP is to drop you levels and steal your gold Take that away its just Pillow VS Pillow fighting

#10 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 18:08

XP and Gold loss are optional and can be specified during the creation of each event.

For example,

Live PvP Event #100 requirements:

* Level 500 - 699

* XP Loss [on]

* Gold Loss [on]

Live PvP Event #101 requirements are:

* Level 500 - 699

* XP Loss [off]

* Gold Loss [off]

People can join any events they want.

After a month, data can be analyzed to see what type of events people would prefer.

I think this will bring a lot of excitement and activity back to FS.

#11 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:14

Stam based game, stam should be used, at least imho

yea but im saying locked at 1 level not 10 - 100

other than that think it sounds interesting

Edited by activeh1, 17 May 2017 - 09:15.

5aZzW0p.png,

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:51

Hmm, activeh, you're making Penny notice some things.... might want to be careful :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:13

The reintroduction of some form of PvP seasons has been raised multiple times and got a lot of support. Especially a particular thread by leos3000 to introduce it as a global but as per usual the cows have let it slide. I to would love to see some form of event for these areas also. Doubt it will happen now. Shame.

Not sure how there could be a form of arena event. But I'd love to see it happen one way or another. A new event to make a couple of people who wouldn't normally play the arena do so is a good thing IMO. :)

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 14:27

The reintroduction of some form of PvP seasons has been raised multiple times and got a lot of support. Especially a particular thread by leos3000 to introduce it as a global but as per usual the cows have let it slide. I to would love to see some form of event for these areas also. Doubt it will happen now. Shame.

Not sure how there could be a form of arena event. But I'd love to see it happen one way or another. A new event to make a couple of people who wouldn't normally play the arena do so is a good thing IMO. :)

Lest you forget, the community in general voted against seasons. Sure, the squeaky few in the forums always knows better but many bad ideas came out of these folks. Imho. ;-p

#15 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 15:30

Lest you forget, the community in general voted against seasons. Sure, the squeaky few in the forums always knows better but many bad ideas came out of these folks. Imho. ;-p

Lest YOU forget, it was voted against because PvP Seasons was proposed as a complete change to the current PvP system. As a global I personally think it would be a good call by HCS and welcomed by MOST. Hoof himself has said, on these very forums no less, that it WOULD appear in the future. Unfortunately "future" with regard to HCS using it in comments is highly ambiguous as no one ever knows if this is near or far.

As for the suggested PvP event, it's opt in, right? If so why is there 2 options. One with XP loss and one without. XP loss only would be a PvP event. Please don't try to set a precedent.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 20 May 2017 - 15:38.

#16 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 16:32

wil72, I was proposing events with multiple options so different people can participate as they like.

Most of the events that were implemented lack or limit options therefore lead to less participants.

If more options are provided, more participants will join.

The LIVE events should be short.

Edited by Uncle Beg, 20 May 2017 - 16:33.

#17 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 00:07

Lest YOU forget, it was voted against because PvP Seasons was proposed as a complete change to the current PvP system. As a global I personally think it would be a good call by HCS and welcomed by MOST. Hoof himself has said, on these very forums no less, that it WOULD appear in the future. Unfortunately "future" with regard to HCS using it in comments is highly ambiguous as no one ever knows if this is near or far.

As for the suggested PvP event, it's opt in, right? If so why is there 2 options. One with XP loss and one without. XP loss only would be a PvP event. Please don't try to set a precedent.

Cheers.

wil72

I could have sworn the text indicated something to the effect of keep seasons and tweak or return to prior version. What is suggested here is a tweak, no?

I don't think you can make the claim of the reason everyone voted was because of X... There were many reasons including the bungled roll out... not one single reason.

If I'm HCS, I would be gun shy... spend that much resources and have the community reject it pretty soundly. Why would you resurrect that demon?

#18 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:55

Indeed but the reintroduction was changed in multiple ways so had to be regarded as a new feature. Just because some people voted against something in one guise doesn't mean they would once reintroduced in another. I recall that thread getting a lot of support from the ordinary players that use the forum and others besides. Hoof himself commented saying he was strongly interested in bringing it back in some form.

As for bad ideas coming out of these folks, well I see you being the voice of doom on any PvP related thread so perhaps your right. Perhaps the same people shouldn't push the same agenda non stop like a campaign. That would be ideal wouldn't it? :)

Introduced in a new guise this has to be judged on it's own merits not that of it's predecessors. It's a completely different idea. Past counts for nothing. At the very least it should be put to the whole game to vote once again on a new idea. If we don't give ideas like this any chance at all then things are only going to get gloomier still for the player base.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 16:43

I didn't do much in the "seasons" mainly because it was around the time my husband passed and RL kept me away from FS.  The only objection I had at the time was that we were auto opted in and had to opt out, rather than the other way around.  Other than that, I liked the concept and think if it was brought back as opt-in only similar to the ladder, it would be more palatable to the community as a whole.  

This is why I like Rye's idea.  It brings back some of the best parts of seasons, and has the potential to breathe new life back into PvP and GvG.  I miss the old days when these were lively and great fun.  I met some of my best FS friends via the BB, GvG, and just snatching their gold.  Nowadays, the BB is mostly dead, GvG has become a "farmer's" game in a sense, and I spend my stam leveling instead of dusting it up like I used to.  

I hope Hoof considers at least giving this a trial run.  It might help all of us to see if and how it would work.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 20:17

Indeed but the reintroduction was changed in multiple ways so had to be regarded as a new feature. Just because some people voted against something in one guise doesn't mean they would once reintroduced in another. I recall that thread getting a lot of support from the ordinary players that use the forum and others besides. Hoof himself commented saying he was strongly interested in bringing it back in some form.

As for bad ideas coming out of these folks, well I see you being the voice of doom on any PvP related thread so perhaps your right. Perhaps the same people shouldn't push the same agenda non stop like a campaign. That would be ideal wouldn't it? :)

Introduced in a new guise this has to be judged on it's own merits not that of it's predecessors. It's a completely different idea. Past counts for nothing. At the very least it should be put to the whole game to vote once again on a new idea. If we don't give ideas like this any chance at all then things are only going to get gloomier still for the player base.

What ideas? I rarely make new ideas. I mainly point out the problems with those great new suggestions that end up being pulled back. Wasted dev resources and a pissed off community later, the same suggestions keep coming back with a newer better idea. You may not like hearing it but you and others keep bringing back old ideas with new lipstick. I personally enjoy the other perspective and have changed my mind on a few. I encourage disagreement and dialogue. Definitely is not ideal to only hear one side of the story but we disagree on this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: